This cheddar jalapeño tater tot frittata is unlike any other frittata you’ve had because I’ve elevated it by adding a TATER TOT CRUST to it!
My new recipe video below shows you how to make it! Make it along with me and it is guaranteed a crowd-pleasing recipe!
It’s basically like breakfast all in one skillet. You’ve got your eggs, toppings, and potatoes. It comes together in no time and there’s virtually no clean up because it’s all in one skillet.
If you can crack an egg, you can make this!
My favorite part of this recipe is the crispy tater tot crust. Omg, it’s so crispy. If you love crispy brown edges on your potatoes, you will absolutely adore this recipe!
Cheddar Jalapeño Tater Tot Frittata
- Frozen tater tots, enough to cover the bottom of a 10-inch cast iron skillet
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 large jalapeno, de-seeded and diced
- 1 ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and dump frozen tater tots into the bottom of a 10-inch cast iron skillet — enough to cover the bottom of it.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until tater tots have softened enough for you to mash them into an even layer.
- In the meantime, whisk together eggs, jalapeño, cheese, salt, and pepper.
- When the tater tots have warmed through, take a potato masher or the back of a spatula or wooden spoon to press the tater tots into an even layer.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet then place in the oven to bake another 25 minutes or until the eggs have cooked through and the edges are pulling away from the sides.
- Let cool for 10 minutes then slice and serve!
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.