This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.Jump to Recipe | Save RecipeSaved!
These green curry and coconut rice bowls make life so much easier! When you just want a bowl of comfort, you should turn to these. It comes together in less than 30 minutes and it’s so flavorful. I infused my rice with coconut cream so as it was cooking away in the rice cooker, the coconut aroma just filled my entire kitchen. I love coconut so much I could bathe in it, haha
With the weather cooling down, we really appreciated having this for dinner because it really warmed us right up and it has all the great flavors to go along with it! The green curry and coconut mixture was especially good to spoon over and mix with the coconut flavored rice.
This recipe would be perfect for meal prepping for the week. The coconut rice could be the base layer in your glass container then you could spoon the green curry and coconut mixture on top along with the veggies and chicken. Do this four times on repeat and you’ve got a delicious lunch every day!
Grab your bowls and fill up!
Green Curry and Coconut Rice Bowl
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass paste
- 13.66 ounce can of full fat coconut milk
- ⅔ cup frozen peas, thawed
- Pinch turmeric powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
The default measuring system for this website is US Customary. Unit conversions are provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. While we strive to provide accurate unit conversions, please be aware that there may be some discrepancies.
- In a large pot, heat up 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot add garlic and onion and cook until softened and fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Add the red bell pepper and cook until slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Next, add the diced chicken and stir to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the curry paste and lemongrass paste. Stir around to coat then add the coconut milk and frozen peas. Add the turmeric powder and salt and pepper. Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve over coconut rice (see notes) and enjoy!
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.
There are affiliate links within this post.