NEW VIDEO! Be sure to watch me how to make these honey lemon chia seed muffins in the video below!
The muffins are the ultimate springtime treat. They’re so full of lemon flavor that it seems like you’re smelling a lemon.
Lots of lemon juice and lemon zest is used in this recipe to give it the ultimate lemon bomb.
The muffin is so wonderfully scented when you take a bite. It’s also the lightest and fluffiest muffin I’ve ever made.
The secret ingredient to make it so light and fluffy? Ricotta cheese! Yes! I couldn’t believe it.
I’ve also recently become obsessed with chia seeds (pretty much like every other blogger) so I’ve been trying to incorporate them in my daily breakfast and some baked goods.
Instead of poppy seeds, substitute them for chia seeds!
Sure, you could make these into lemon poppy seed muffins but why not give into the latest superfood trend and give chia seeds a try? They’ve got a ton of health benefits!
Honey Lemon Chia Seed Muffins
Servings are adjustable but please note that results, timing, and cookware may vary when adjusting servings.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese*
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons honey, melted
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners and lightly spray them with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, mix together ricotta, water, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, and egg.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, pour the wet ingredients into the middle then mix together with a wooden spoon. Add the chia seeds then gently fold into batter.
- Evenly divide batter into prepared muffin pan using a large scoop.
- Bake for 16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes then with a pastry brush, gently brush melted honey onto the tops of the muffins.
- Cool completely then enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days.
There are affiliate links within this post.