This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Of course Game of Thrones gets super good as soon as the season is coming to an end. It always happens!! The first half of the season was a yawn but now it’s picked up and I don’t want it to end. I just don’t want to wait another nine to ten months before we get the next episode. Are any of you watching the Game of Thrones series? I think it’s like easily one of the best shows on television. Eek, and True Detective is coming back on in 13 days! Cannot wait for season two. I bet you can’t guess why ;)
So my 10-year high school reunion is scheduled for next month. I’m kind of torn whether or not I want to go. On one hand, I want to see people that I haven’t seen in a while and on the other hand, I feel like all the people I want to see, I already seem them on a regular basis so why am I going to spend $100 to go to an event to just see my friends I already see? Around Northern Virginia is weird. Like we pretty much go to the same middle schools and high schools together, go to pretty much the same universities, and move back to the same area because of all the job opportunities in the DC-area. So it’s not like I never see anyone from high school. I can drive into the town I grew up in and go into a restaurant or grocery store and guarantee you I’ll see someone I went to high school with. It’s kind of cool! Jason thinks it’s so bizarre because he didn’t grow up in an area like this so he never talks to anyone from high school. I kind of like that Northern Virginia has its own little bubble and we’re all still acquaintances. Anyway, would you go to your 10-year high school reunion? I’m so torn!
I made these loaded sweet potatoes a couple weeks ago. Easily one of my favorite paleo meals because of how easy they were to make and surprisingly really filling, too! I shredded the zucchini so that gave it some fun texture. I could make this countless times over and never get sick of it. If you don’t like the ingredients I loaded up these sweet potatoes in, you can swap them out for whatever veggies you like!
Loaded Sweet Potatoes with Shredded Zucchini, Mushrooms, and Onion
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 8 ounces (227 g) finely chopped baby portabella mushrooms
- ½ yellow onion, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper, (more or less depending on how spicy you like things)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Coconut oil
- Pierce the outside of the sweet potatoes with a fork. You’ll want to make several piercings – about 6-8 all around. Place into the microwave and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes. Obviously this is going to depend on how small or large your sweet potatoes are and how powerful your microwave is. The sweet potatoes will be done when they’re soft to the touch.
- Carefully remove the sweet potatoes from the microwave and carefully slice in half, length-wise. Set aside to cool.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add a teaspoon of coconut oil to the skillet. Once coconut oil is warmed up, add zucchini, mushrooms, and onion. Cook until softened, about 7 minutes. Sprinkle in the seasonings and stir to incorporate. Remove skillet from heat.
- The sweet potatoes should be slightly cooled by now. Carefully, with a spoon, scoop out the inside of the sweet potato, leaving a 1/2-inch border all around. Place the sweet potato filling into the skillet.
- Mix the sweet potato together with the filling and scoop and fill the hollowed out sweet potato skins.
- Serve warm.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.
The default measuring system for this website is US Customary. Unit conversions are provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. While we strive to provide accurate unit conversions, please be aware that there may be some discrepancies.