Why do they make it so hard for you to change your name? Although, now thinking about it, I guess it’s a good thing that they make you jump through hoops to change your name so you don’t have those imposters & crazies, but when you’re a legit person trying to change your name – it’s the most frustrating thing! I mean, I would LOVE to work for the Social Security Administration. Working hours of 9am-3pm & only 9am-12pm on Wednesdays? Um, where can I sign up?!
It was really nice to have a long weekend this past weekend. I love starting the week on a Tuesday. It just makes the week fly by that much faster. Don’t you think? Since it was Memorial Day weekend, Jason and I figured there’d be a lot of decent furniture sales going on so we finally accomplished one of our “after the wedding” goals. We bought our king bed!! Just thinking about it makes me squeal with utter joy & excitement. We’ve been sleeping on a full bed ever since we moved in together. Did you just make a face? Yeah, I’m sure you did. Everyone does when we tell them. They’re just in shock at how we can even sleep like that. Really, we’re so used to it. We’re so used to it that we barely even touch at night. There’s always a perfect “section” for him and I in bed. We even wake up in the mornings still separate. Yeah, it’s kinda crazy. Every time we go on vacation and get a king bed at the hotel, we’re seriously in heaven – and then we come home to a full size bed and it’s sad. I honestly cannot wait to just spread out all I want and wave to Jason on the other side of the bed, haha! The bed is unfortunately backordered, though, and although the mattress isn’t, we didn’t want them to deliver them separately, so we’re getting them delivered together….July 8th :( hopefully it flies by fast. I cannot wait to jump in that ginormous bed!
These peanut butter sandwich cookies kind of evoke the same emotion for me. It’s a peanut butter lover’s dream. The cookie itself is crunch on the edges but as soon as you get to the middle, it’s really chewy and the perfect consistency with the peanut butter filling. I think this is one of Jason’s favorite cookies. He ate so many! These were one of the few cookies we didn’t give away to anyone – and that’s rare!! We usually love to share, but these are truly too good to share. They’re REALLY easy to make too. Pretty much everything is in 1/2 cup measurements so it’s easy to remember as well. This is definitely going on our cookie rotation.
Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
- 1 ½ cups quick oats
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup honey roasted peanut butter, I got mine freshly ground at Whole Foods - it's simply amazing and gives this cookie such a nice & subtle hint of sweetness
- 1 egg
For the filling:
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, do not use natural peanut butter here
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats
- In a large bowl, add oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars for 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Then add in the vanilla, peanut butter, and egg, and beat for 2 more minutes.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix until all combined and well-incorporated.
- Using a medium sized cookie scoop, place dough on prepared baking sheets about 1 inch apart. Gently pat down the tops of the cookie dough to flatten.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. The edges should be slightly brown and starting to crisp up. Remove from oven and let cool completely on the baking sheet.
- In the meantime, while the cookies are cooling, make the filling by whisking the confectioners' sugar and peanut butter together.
- Once the cookies are cooled, take an offset spatula and spread a tbsp. of the filling onto the bottom side of one cookie and then take another cookie and sandwich them together.
- Store in an airtight container.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.