Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a good weekend :)
It was perfect weather here in the DC-area this weekend – 70’s and sunny. Jason and I decided to hit up a local winery with a couple friends of ours. Most wineries in this area take about an hour to get to because they’re all tucked away in the country. It’s so pretty and sometimes I wish we would just pick up from our city-burb-ish life and move to the country. It’s so serene and peaceful. I probably wouldn’t be as stressed, either, but then I’m always going to miss the hustle-bustle of city life. Anyway, so what I really like about wineries in the area is that you can bring your own food and have a picnic as long as you drink their wine! The winery we went to this weekend had this big lake called Shadow Lake and we walked around it after we had our little picnic and drinks. Loved getting some sun and quality time with friends! Did you do anything fun this weekend?
Oh, we also started watching True Detectives. I know, so behind on every show out there, but we don’t like watching shows as the season is going on, if you know what I mean? We like binge-watching and not having to wait week after week in suspense of what’s going to happen next, haha – oh and Game of Thrones (we’re only on season 2 so no spoilers, please) – OMG. One strong sentiment: we hate Joffrey!!
If you have a MAJOR sweet tooth, then this dessert is for you. It’s insanely decadent and really rich but it’s oh-so-good. The raspberry, chocolate, and coconut flavors are so delicious. I love loads of coconut in my desserts and there is plenty on this bar! Definitely make a batch of these and share with your friends – they’ll love you ;) you can also use any type of preserve that you fancy – I’ve tried this with peach and it’s just as delicious!
Raspberry Coconut Bars
For the crust
- 2 cups (168 g) graham cracker crumbs
- 8 tablespoons (112 g) unsalted butter, melted
For the bars
- 3 ½ cups (315 g) shredded sweetened coconut flakes
- 14 ounce (397 ml) can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ½ cups (510 g) raspberry preserves, or any flavor you want
- 1 cup (117 g) Diamond chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup (45 g) mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (177 °C). Line a 9x13-inch baking pan with parchment paper leaving a 2-inch overhang on either side. Lightly grease the bottom and sides of the pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until all crumbs are moistened and when pinched together, it comes together and doesn't crumble.
- Press graham cracker crumbs into bottom of prepared baking pan then evenly sprinkle coconut flakes on top then drizzle the sweetened condensed milk all over the coconut flakes. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Gently spread the raspberry preserves evenly over the top of the coconut mixture using an offset spatula to help.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts and mini chocolate chips on top.
- Let cool to room temperature then cut into bars.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.
The default measuring system for this website is US Customary. Unit conversions are provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. While we strive to provide accurate unit conversions, please be aware that there may be some discrepancies.
This is a sponsored post from Diamond of California. I was compensated for time but all opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting brands that Table for Two loves. This helps us to continue to bring you unique and delicious recipes!
There are affiliate links within this post.