Yay for a new recipe video! You have to watch it below because I’m wearing one of my favorite shirts of all time.
Okay, so roasted chicken with olives and tomatoes doesn’t sound like much BUT it’s all in the marinade and how ridiculously easy it all is to put together.
I haven’t made a recipe in a while that I’m like, “you seriously need to drop everything and make this immediately.”
I mean, I adore all the recipes that I share with you guys but there are just some that rank higher than others in terms of remakeability..if that makes sense?
This one is it.
What I love most about this recipe is the FLAVOR (on top of how easy the prep is). It’s like the perfect mashup of flavors when you take a big bite of everything together.
You get the briney olives and the sweetness from the agave and roasted tomatoes and the subtle seasonings and the bite of the shallots and garlic.
Not to mention the crispy chicken skin. There is nothing better!
Another thing I should mention about this recipe is how easy it is. You make the marinade, throw the chicken and marinade in a plastic bag, shake it around and put it in the fridge overnight to get all the flavor goodness.
Then you put in a baking pan and roast for 25 minutes and you get the most deliciously moist, tender, and flavorful chicken ever.
I wish there was a way for you to sample this. You’ll seriously want to make this over and over again.
Permanent dinner item? Yep. 100%
Watch me make it below!
Roasted Chicken with Olives and Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green olives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- In a gallon plastic bag, add green olives, shallots, garlic, agave nectar, olive oil, lime juice, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Zip up and mix around. Add the chicken thighs and seal the plastic bag and massage chicken around until it's all coated. Place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In an oven-safe casserole dish, place halved grape tomatoes on the bottom of the dish. Drizzle olive oil over the tomatoes and season with a little salt. Mix around with your hands.
- Remove chicken from the plastic bag and try to brush off most of the marinade and keep it in the bag. In a cast iron skillet or nonstick skillet over medium high heat, sear the chicken thighs until skin has browned. Don't cook chicken all the way through as it will finish cooking in the oven.
- Place chicken on top of the tomatoes. Then, dump the rest of the olive mixture on top.
- Bake in oven on the middle rack for 25 minutes. If you see that your olives are getting brown and starting to burn, you can cover with foil halfway through.
- Once done cooking, remove from oven and let sit for 10-15 minutes before serving. The pan drippings are a flavor bomb so be sure to save them and drizzle on top of your chicken!
There is an affiliate link in this post.