what is it about watching childhood movies that evokes SO MANY MEMORIES?! omg, they were having a Toy Story marathon on tv this weekend and I can’t believe the first Toy Story came out 22 years ago. I was freaking 8 years old.
as I was watching it, there were so many little things I noticed and then some “terminology” that I definitely didn’t pick up when I was younger. Like, I definitely don’t remember myself knowing what Buzz meant when he asked Woody if he was mocking him. I don’t know, as weird as this all sounds, it’s just funny what you pick up when you watch it again at an older age. And not to mention what you find ridiculous — like how could someone’s mother not realize her son has explosives and is blowing up toys? LOL
it’s asparagus season!! they’re so reasonably priced right now and I’m trying to get my fill before prices skyrocket again.
asparagus is so easy to dress up. like with some lemony pesto!
roasting asparagus is my favorite, but honestly, what vegetable roasted isn’t delicious? brings out so much flavor!
soak up asparagus season with these roasted lemony pesto asparagus dish! perfect for springtime or if you’re willing to shell out the cash (or live in California) — any time of year!
Roasted Lemony Pesto Asparagus
- 1 pound asparagus
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
For the lemony pesto
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut off tough ends from asparagus then place in an even layer on a large baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil all over asparagus then sprinkle with salt.
- Roast for 12 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a food processor, process pesto until desired consistency.
- Once asparagus is done roasting, drizzle pesto on top and serve warm.