Prepare yourselves for the easiest side dish to add to your dinner routine. These roasted parmesan carrots are incredibly easy but SO delicious.
I used to not really be much of a carrot fan. My parents pushed carrots on me often as a kid. They kept saying that it would help with my vision (spoiler alert: it didn’t haha). Pretty much the only way I would eat carrots as a kid was dipped in ranch dressing.
Even as an adult, I still can’t get behind raw carrots. They’re a great snack in a pinch but I never was a fan of the carrot taste. BUT ROASTING is a totally different story. Like, the flavors are completely morphed.
It like brings out this sweetness and caramelization of the carrots.
Then you sprinkle garlic powder, parmesan cheese, and thyme all over the baby carrots and roast them and holy elevation of flavors!
My SIL made these over Christmas and I have been making them ever since. It’s the only way I’ll eat carrots now. It’s so easy, too, because you just grab a pack of the small baby carrots at the grocery store and you have at least four servings.
They reheat beautifully and there really isn’t an excuse to not make these!
So easy that you can make these tonight with your dinner!
Roasted Parmesan Carrots
- 16 ounces baby carrots
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh thyme, to top
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place carrots in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil all over then sprinkle garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Using your hands, rub and toss the carrots to make sure they're coated well.
- Before placing in the oven, grate fresh parmesan cheese on top of the carrots (as much or as little as you like) then bake for 30 minutes or until carrots are fork tender. Make sure to shake the pan halfway through and toss the carrots.
- Prior to serving, garnish with fresh thyme.