Well first, doesn’t this frittata look mouth-watering? This is my first ever frittata. I have always been skeptical of making one because I didn’t have the right skillet for it. None of my skillets were oven-safe so frittatas were out of the question until now! We gobbled up this frittata and I loved the ingredients I added to this – kale is SUCH a hearty vegetable to throw into a breakfast item. I really love it (pssst, this is my first time ever cooking with kale – can you believe it??). Wouldn’t you love to make this frittata at home in the same skillet? Of course you would!
Turkey, Kale, Onion, & Sundried Tomato Frittata
- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 3/4 cup sundried tomato halves, sliced
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 2 cups of loosely packed kale leaves, ribs removed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Turn the boiler on in your oven.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the 10 eggs. Set aside.
- In an oven-proof skillet or cast iron pan over medium high heat, brown the ground turkey then add in sundried tomatoes and onions. Cook until onions are tender and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Gently add in the kale leaves, little by little. They will wilt down a lot so as soon as one batch wilts down, start adding more.
- Once all the kale has wilted, season mixture with salt and pepper then pour the eggs into the pan.
- Let it cook for 1-2 minutes before running a spatula along the edge of the eggs & pan. Let cook for 1-2 minutes more, making sure the top of the frittata is still uncooked. Place the entire skillet carefully into the oven and broil for 3-5 minutes, watching it carefully as you don't want the top to burn.
- Once the top has cooked through and browned a little, carefully (with oven mitts) remove the pan and let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- You can top with cheese, hot sauce, or whatever you wish. Serve warm.