Chocolate Glazed Donuts with Sprinkles
Who doesn’t love chocolate glazed donuts with sprinkles?!
Apparently I don’t know what the term “R&R” means because when I’m sick, I feel restless. Not the sick kind of restless where you’re so sick that you can’t sleep. Oh, I can sleep. If sleeping were in the Olympics, I bet I could win some kind of medal for how hard I sleep when I’m sick.
Back to this restless feeling. I feel restless in the sense of, I don’t know how to RELAX.
Naturally, when you’re sick, you stay home from work so you don’t infect anyone else, right? Well, I hate staying home and not doing anything. When you’re sick, you should stay in bed, watch tv, do lethargic things. Nope, not me. When I’m sick, I get all antsy and get the urge to cook or do something that probably puts me getting better a day or two behind. It’s so hard to just not do anything. I think I’m just used to being crazy busy so when I’m not, I don’t know what to do with myself.
I’ve always been like this, though. When I was young, my mom would force me to rest up and get lots of fluids and sleep whenever I stayed home from school. It really irked me.
With that being said, it was only appropriate for me to make chocolate glazed donuts with sprinkles while I was congested up to my eyeballs. I mean, these donuts would make any sick person feel better (I truly convinced myself that just so I wouldn’t have to stay in bed any longer). Just look at the bright colored sprinkles on these beauties! Oh, and the glaze. Oh, dear. Perks me right up!
Ummm sooooooo..baked chocolate glazed donuts with sprinkles – make them for a sick friend of yours. Who knows, you might just make their day ;)
OH, so I must share this exciting news cause I totally love to brag: Huffington Post (uh YEAH) ran a feature on Coconut Dessert Recipes for Cookies, Cakes, and More & they showcased my Billie’s Italian Cupcakes, I’m slide #6!
And, remember BHG contacted me to feature me? I realized I never shared with y’all the post..here it is in case you wanted to know even more about me: Blogger We Love
- For the donuts:
- ⅓ cup milk + 2 tbsp.
- 1½ tsp. white vinegar
- ¾ cup flour
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp. butter, melted
- For the chocolate topping:
- ½ cup dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp. corn syrup
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp. rainbow colored nonpareils sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Grease your donut pan and set aside.
- In a large measuring cup, combine the milk and vinegar and set aside.
- In a medium sized bow, combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- Stir in the egg and melted butter into the milk and vinegar mixture. Then pour the milk mixture over the flour mixture and whisk until just combined.
- Transfer batter to donut pan. You can use a spoon to spoon the dough into the individual cavities or put it in a ziploc bag, cut the corner of it, and pipe it into the cavities.
- Bake for 7 minutes. Let cool in pan for 1-2 minutes when done and remove from pan and set on wire rack to cool completely.
- In the meantime, in a small heatproof bowl, make a make-shift double boiler on the stove. Melt the chocolate then mix in the corn syrup and oil until well combined and glossy.
- Take a donut and dunk the top into the chocolate glaze. Let the excess drip off then immediately sprinkle the sprinkles on! Repeat until all donuts have been chocolate & sprinkle coated.
- These donuts taste best the day of but you can still eat them the day after. I wouldn’t keep them longer than two days.