This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
With these sweet Raspberry Cake Donuts, brunch has simply never been better! These thick, perfectly baked raspberry donuts can be made in under a half hour – no, I’m not joking! Sweeten up your day with a batch of these insanely delicious cake donuts!
Make a batch of these easy raspberry cake donuts for your next brunch or get together with some girlfriends, and I PROMISE you — they’ll get more attention than the mimosas and eggs benedict combined! Honestly, these baked cakey donuts are as scrumptious as they are picturesque!
Whether you decide to glaze them, top them off with powdered sugar, roll them in butter and sugar, or just eat them plain, you’ll be swooning. The exterior of the donuts has a delicate crunch, while the inside is sweet, soft, and cakey.
The rich raspberry flavor comes only from the berries, so make these soon! Raspberries are freshest in the summer, making these donuts one of my favorite treats to make in the warmer months. You just can’t beat baking with ripe, juicy, fresh berries!
Ingredients for raspberry cake donuts
For the donuts, here’s what you’ll need:
- Sugar – Just plain white granulated sugar is all that’s needed, nothing fancy!
- Light brown sugar – Don’t have any on hand? Make some by thoroughly combining 1 cup of white sugar with 2 teaspoons of molasses!
- Vegetable oil – Canola oil can be used in a pinch
- Egg – Can be cold or room temp
- Baking powder – Baking powder is what will make the donuts rise to their perfectly round shape
- Flour – All purpose white flour is what works best in this recipe
- Milk – I use dairy whole milk!
- Raspberries – Use fresh, not frozen. If you have to use frozen, let them thaw before using!
The glaze only needs:
- Powdered sugar – Really, no glaze would be complete without it
- Heavy cream – Whole milk can be used instead, but it may not result in a very thick glaze
- Lemon juice – Just a splash will compliment the fresh raspberry flavor wonderfully
Can I add anything else to these raspberry cake donuts?
I love these simple and sweet donuts just they are, but if you want to be a little extra, that’s okay too!
Here are some more ingredients to consider adding:
- Almonds taste delicious with raspberries, so consider adding some thinly sliced almond on top of the glaze! It’ll be pretty, and tasty.
- Pretty much all berries pair well with raspberries, so you can toss some into the batter! Blueberries or blackberries would probably be the most delicious.
- Citrus is so mouthwatering and refreshing with raspberry, which is why I tossed some lemon juice in the glaze! To amp that up even more, you can double the amount of lemon juice, or add a splash of freshly squeezed orange juice.
Satisfy your sweet tooth at the start of the day with these other breakfast recipes!
Raspberry Cake Donuts
- ¼ cup (50 g) granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- ¼ cup (59 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ⅓ cup (167 g) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (118 ml) milk
- ½ cup (60 g) fresh raspberries
For the glaze:
- 1 cup (120 g) confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
The default measuring system for this website is US Customary. Unit conversions are provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. While we strive to provide accurate unit conversions, please be aware that there may be some discrepancies.
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F (204 °C). Lightly grease a donut pan and set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together the sugar, brown sugar and vegetable oil. Add the egg and whisk to combine along with the baking powder.
- Add half the flour and with the help of a spatula, stir to incorporate. Pour the milk and mix it in. Finally add the remaining flour and stir for around 2 minutes or until the flour is fully incorporated.
- Add the raspberries and carefully fold them in.
- Spoon the batter into the donut pan and take to the oven. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown and done. Remove from the oven and let it cool down completely before removing from the pan.
- While the cake donuts are cooling, prepare the glaze. In a bowl whisk together all the ingredients until shiny.
- Deep each donut in the glaze twisting to take out. Let them dry before serving.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.