If you’ve got some over-ripened bananas lying around, these banana peanut butter chocolate chip muffins need to make an appearance on your breakfast table!
Some days, you’re reminded with how old you really are and how times have changed. This past weekend, I went to Target to pick up some office supplies and I needed to get some canned air. I used it all the time when I was younger. My brother and I actually would have fun cleaning out the keyboard because of the canned air. It was an intriguing product – the more you used it, the colder and colder the can got. Haha, we were clearly easily amused. Anyway, so when I picked up a 2-pack of canned air this weekend, I was ID’d at the register. I actually had to ask the cashier to repeat herself and I had to do a double-take at my bag because I thought maybe she scanned someone else’s wine/beer behind me? Nope, she was really ID’ing me for canned air.
Shocked, I showed her my ID and I said, “really? For canned air?” and she said, “yeah, that’s what kids are into these days.” I’m still shocked at this. I didn’t even realize it was something that kids would actually think to do. It’s all chemicals! I guess I’m just most surprised with how creative kids are these days to just get a “high.” I mean, I know when I was growing up, cough syrup was never something that you could buy in limited amounts, and now you have to be ID’d for canned air? I feel old :)
These banana peanut butter chocolate chip muffins is like breakfast exploded in your mouth. Ha, that sounds gross, but it combines a bunch of my favorite breakfast flavors in one moist muffin! This makes a good dozen and they keep for several days so it’s perfect if you have house guests this upcoming holiday season! You can also make these to toss in your kid’s lunch for a yummy treat! Just be aware there’s peanut butter in this for those with peanut allergies :)
Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 very ripe medium bananas, peeled
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- ¾ cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a muffin pan with muffin/cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and allspice.
- In a large bowl, mash together bananas with brown sugar then add yogurt, milk, egg, peanut butter, and vanilla. Whisk to combine (it's ok if it's lumpy).
- Whisk in the flour mixture until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Using a large cookie scoop, divide batter into lined muffin pan, about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let sit for 10 minutes then let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.
This post contains affiliate links.