Shaved Brussel sprouts with pancetta may make everyone a fan of Brussel sprouts
Brussel sprouts don’t look as gross when they’re shaved and tossed with a bunch of bacon. Am I right?
Jason LOVES brussel sprouts. I’ve never had one til I met him. I just thought they kinda looked gross. Like little wrinkly heads. It’s not like I never had it because I didn’t want to try it, I just never went out of my way to buy them and it’s not something I ordered at restaurants. My parents never cooked with them either. I love cabbage though so I knew I’d like cooking and eating shaved brussel sprouts.
Jason and I actually came up with this recipe together. He really had a huge craving for brussel sprouts and I needed one more recipe to complete my 10 days of Thanksgiving sides and desserts so I figured we’d collaborate on one of his favorite ingredients.
After making this, I’m a lover of brussel sprouts. Plus, the pancetta part wasn’t bad, either ;)
Brussel Sprouts with Pancetta
- 1 pound (454 g) shaved brussel sprouts
- 4 ounce (113 g) diced pancetta
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 2-3 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, heat up a tbsp. of vegetable oil and add the diced pancetta in. Cook until they're starting to brown on the outside, about 5 minutes.
- At this time, throw in the shallots and cook until tender, about 2 minutes. Add the shaved brussel sprouts to the pan and stir around. Add the apple cider vinegar on top, as well as the salt and pepper.
- Continue to cook down the brussel sprouts until they're soft and tender, about 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.
The default measuring system for this website is US Customary. Unit conversions are provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. While we strive to provide accurate unit conversions, please be aware that there may be some discrepancies.