Loaded spicy guacamole + a refreshing sweet wine is pretty much the only way to have guacamole these days. I’m positive of this. I did a taste test for you already.
Everything in this charred poblano and peppered bacon guacamole is pretty much perfection. All in one bite, you get spicy, salty, and creamy.
I have always been a very traditional guacamole gal. I never added anything ‘crazy’ to it. I feel like I have been completely missing out in life.
I don’t want you to miss out so I’m urging you to try this at your next gathering! You will pretty much be everyone’s new favorite and everyone will be asking you to bring the guac and wine every time there is a party.
Making this unique spicy Mexican appetizer makes for a great excuse for a celebration!
Make this charred poblano and peppered bacon guacamole and invite some friends over and turn on a movie or game and dip on!
Charred Poblano and Peppered Bacon Guacamole
- 3 poblano peppers, charred and roasted
- 3 avocados, pitted
- ½ cup chopped red onions
- 1 jalapeno, de-seeded and finely diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ cup chopped crispy peppered bacon, plus more for topping
- ⅓ cup crumbled queso fresco, plus more for topping
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- To char and roast the poblanos, turn the flame on a gas cooktop on high and place the poblano peppers onto the grates. Using tongs, flip the poblano peppers every so often until the outside of the poblano is charred on all sides. Place in a large bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let the steam do its job. After about 10-15 minutes, you’ll be able to peel the skin off the outside and reveal a beautifully roasted poblano pepper that you can de-seed, chop, and use!
- Place chopped poblanos in the same bowl you used above. Then add the rest of the ingredients for the guacamole. Mash to your desired consistency with a potato masher or fork or similar.
- Sprinkle additional bacon and queso fresco on top, if desired. Serve with a chilled glass of Sutter Home White Zinfandel and tortilla chips!
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.