If I could profess my love to melty, cheesy sandwiches, I totally would. I practically have a different sandwich a day at work because of the proliferous amount of sandwich shops near my office and now with food trucks taking over the city, there’s even more sandwich love to give! However, as much as I love eating sandwiches made by a café or food truck, I must say that making it at home is way better and I can control the toppings, the type of cheese I use, and basically every ingredient.
The one ingredient combo that I completely, utterly adore is pesto and sundried tomatoes. I don’t exactly know when this love affair started but I would try to figure out different ways to combine it in everything I ate: in pastas, in sandwiches, in cereal. Just kidding on that last one, but you see what I mean? Obsessed.
I feel that is key to a warm sandwich – you can’t have cheese that is rock hard and so stiff that it doesn’t melt and give you that gooey effect.
I LOVE a good SHARP cheddar and it’s typically what I always go for.
Cheesy Grilled Pesto Chicken and Sundried Tomato Sandwich
- 2 chicken breasts
- ½ cup of basil pesto, divided, homemade, or store-bought
- 2 tablespoons sundried tomatoes in olive oil
- 4 slices of Land O Lakes Sharp Cheddar American Blend
- 4 slices of bread
- Preheat your grill on high.
- Using 1/4 cup of basil pesto, brush chicken breasts with pesto.
- Grill the chicken breasts until cooked through (the insides reaching 160 degrees Fahrenheit). Before you bring the chicken inside, place 2 slices of cheese on each chicken breast and close the lid of the grill to let it melt.
- To assemble the sandwich: place one chicken breast on one slice of bread, top with bit of the remaining basil pesto then top with 1 tablespoon of sundried tomatoes. Place the other slice of bread on top. Repeat with the other sandwich.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.
I have partnered with Land O’Lakes for an exclusive endorsement of Land O Lakes® Sharp Cheddar American Blend. This blog post is sponsored by Land O’Lakes. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting brands I love so I can continue to bring you unique and delicious recipes!