Oh man, you guys. I’m completely worn out. From traveling to and from Scottsdale and having to immediately go back to work and then having a jam-packed weekend full of events, I’m exhausted. I think I need a weekend from the weekend!
I saw The Fault in Our Stars this weekend. There was seriously not a dry eye in the theater at the end of the movie. There were some girls that were literally heavily sobbing and I think having a breakdown in the theater. It was one of those loud ugly cries. Not judging at all cause If I hadn’t read the book and just went to see the movie, I TOTALLY would’ve been like them.
Afterwards, I saw them in the bathroom and their faces were red and eyes were bloodshot and tears still streaming down their cheeks. So yeah, it was an extremely sad and touching movie (in case you’re wondering, lol).
I’m kind of obsessed with Hazel & Augustus’ relationship and the man that Augustus is. He’s sooo sweet and I think Ansel Elgort did a really good job in the role. I definitely shed quite a bit of tears throughout the movie. Total chick flick – might just want to bring your girlfriends to the movie and leave the men at home. Not sure they’d really appreciate the movie, haha – I would recommend reading the book first though.
They did leave some details out but nothing major. Like, this one part of the book was way more elaborated and drawn out than it was in the movie.
Have you seen any good movies lately? I really want to see Maleficent next!
Many months ago, Jason took me to Cracker Barrel on our way back from a road trip. I ate at a Cracker Barrel in my college town with my family for graduation five years ago (ack, was it really five years ago that I graduated college?!) and I don’t really remember what I had but I wasn’t exactly thrilled with it so I never really wanted to go back to Cracker Barrel again (gasp!).
Jason was determined to change my mind about this and he raved about their cheesy hashbrowns. Reluctantly, I agreed to go to Cracker Barrel for dinner because I was starving and there was nothing around for miles. Ummm yeah…the cheesy hashbrowns are legit.
I mean, I’m sure it’s really bad for you but oh man, I wanted more after I ate my portion! My friend gave me this recipe for cheesy hashbrown casserole.
It’s a copycat from Cracker Barrel and it’s pretty darn close! If you’re having company over or going on a family vacation and need to prep something for breakfast, you can totally do this the night before then pop this in the oven in the morning!
Absolutely delicious and the perfect side dish to any brunch!
Oh my gosh — look how cheesy!!!
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt (some have noted it's a bit salty so I would start with 1 teaspoon..also keep in mind KOSHER SALT [which is coarser], not table salt!)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, finely chopped (white or yellow onion works)
- 1: 10.5 ounce can of cream of chicken condensed soup
- 16 ounces freshly grated Colby Jack cheese
- 1 pound frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a 3 quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a very large bowl, stir together butter, salt, pepper, onion, cream of chicken soup, and cheese. Gently toss the hashbrowns in the mixture until it's all coated with the mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and cooked through.
- To get a nice crust on top, place the casserole under a broiler for 5 minutes - watch it carefully!!
You can easily prep this the night before, cover, and keep in the refrigerator overnight for the next morning!
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate.
There is an affiliate link in this post.