If there is one meal I struggle with; breakfast would be it. I don’t know why it’s so hard for me to make breakfast a regular thing (and I know it’s like the most important meal of the day ’cause it kickstarts your metabolism) but I think it’s thinking up quick and easy breakfast that don’t require a stove that gets me stumped. So then I get stuck with cafeteria food at work or I grab some toast from the fridge and put peanut butter on it.
I know. Totally not very food blogger-esque.
I’m typically great with planning but breakfast is a whole ‘nother story. However, anything “overnight” saves the day for this breakfast skipper.
As I mentioned above, I’m all about anything “overnight” and this cherry pie overnight oats recipe is one that I’m totally on board with. Since there is barely anything to do but blend the wet mixture together and mix the oats and liquids in a bowl and put it in the refrigerator overnight — this is my kind of breakfast!
Since it’s cherry season, this cherry pie overnight oats recipe is the perfect way to embrace the season.
Cherry Pie Overnight Oats
Servings are adjustable but please note that results, timing, and cookware may vary when adjusting servings.
- 1 pound fresh cherries, pitted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup plain kefir (or you can use plain greek yogurt)
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- In a blender, blend together cherries, almond milk, vanilla extract, kefir, and maple syrup until smooth.
- Pour into a large bowl then add oats. Mix together then cover and place into the refrigerator overnight.
- Prior to eating, stir to incorporate.