Let’s talk about overnight oats and how they have basically saved me.
I am not a breakfast person. I never have been. I know! I KNOW! There are so many amazing breakfast possibilities but breakfast is probably the last thing I think about in the morning. I hate that habit but I wake up so early that I don’t even have an appetite yet. By the time I do have an appetite, I’m starving and grab whatever is convenient (usually I fry up an egg or spread almond butter on Ezekiel toast). Let’s not even begin to talk about what I do on days I go into work. I usually don’t even think about breakfast until I’m sitting at my office desk and my stomach is yelling at me. I’m the worst when it comes to breakfast, you guys.
That is until overnight oats became a thing. Why wasn’t this a thing in college? I swear I would’ve done this way more often.
Okay so you know that I’m obsessed with combining espresso in a multitude of things. It’s like my most favorite because I love the flavor of espresso and I love the combination. Coconut + espresso is unreal and something you must try, like in this coconut latte overnight oats recipe!
You guys, overnight oats might save me from my breakfast-breaking habits. It’s SO easy to put together. Literally throw everything in a bowl, cover, and put it in the fridge and the next morning and beyond, you have a delicious breakfast!
You can easily top whatever you want on these overnight oats. If you like fruit, throw some on! Granola is my fav because of the crunch and texture, but seriously, you can throw nearly anything on top of these oats and it’ll be delish!
P.S. coconut latte overnight oats are so creamy and full of coconutty espresso flavor. Gah, it’s so good! Go make it, please!
Coconut Latte Overnight Oats
- 2 1/4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1: 13 ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 shots of espresso
- 1/2 cup whole milk or almond milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons plain greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add oats to a large bowl.
- Whisk in the rest of the ingredients and make sure there are no clumps throughout.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap or lid and put in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next morning, stir the mixture and scoop as much as you want out into a bowl.
- Top with your favorite toppings!