Where do I begin with this crazy roasted cauliflower recipe?
Other than the fact that we make it two to three times a week and the fact that it is ADDICTING…there is not much else to say about it other than you need to make this ASAP.
I guarantee you that you won’t be able to stop eating this and will be picking the cauliflower off the baking sheet before dinner is actually served, haha
The seasonings of this crazy roasted cauliflower completely make this cauliflower side dish so flavorful and addicting. It’s also crunchy and the edges are slightly caramelized from the sugar.
It has a sweet and smoky flavor profile that makes it so enticing and it’s labeled crazy because it’s crazy how addicting this is, haha
I never once thought cauliflower could be this good!
What you’ll need to make crazy roasted cauliflower
- Cauliflower florets
- Smoked paprika (a must)
- Ground cumin
- Garlic powder
- Brown sugar
Tips for making crazy roasted cauliflower
- You must use smoked paprika or flavors will not turn out as intended.
- Use an old, well-seasoned baking sheet. I mean like one that has burnt on grossness that you want to just throw away. I personally love using old baking sheets for roasting vegetables. They give a much better char and deeper flavor. You can certainly use a newer one but I can’t guarantee how dark your cauliflower will get with it. The beauty of this crazy cauliflower recipe is the char and crunchiness on the exterior that is built with older baking sheets.
- Don’t use foil, parchment paper, or a silicone baking mat. I know, you’re going to hate me because you’ll be scrubbing but trust me on this one. I feel that foil, parchment paper, and silicone baking mats do not result in the char like directly putting the cauliflower onto the baking sheet. Just let your baking sheet soak overnight and it’ll be fine ;)
Other cauliflower recipes:
Crazy Roasted Cauliflower
Servings are adjustable but please note that results, timing, and cookware may vary when adjusting servings.
For the sauce:
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 head of cauliflower cut into medium-sized florets
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, whisk together ingredients for the sauce. Add the cauliflower florets to the bowl and toss to coat the sauce well on the florets. At first it’ll seem like it’s not coating very well but the more you do it, the more it disperses on the cauliflower. It also doesn’t need to be a super thick coat.
- Roast for 20 minutes, shaking the pan halfway through to toss.
- Once done, let sit for 5 minutes before serving.