Oh sheet. Sheet pancakes, what?!
First post of 2021 and we are rocking it with a sheet pancake recipe.
Yes, I said sheet pancake.
It’s all the new rage and you know I’m all about bringing the latest and trendiest food craze to you. Haha, not really but this one seemed super interesting and actually quite brilliant if you think about it.
Like why stand over a stove and flip pancakes when you can do it all on a sheet pan and bake it?
What is a sheet pancake?
Just like a traditional pancake, but soooo much easier!
You’re not stuck at the skillet flipping pancakes and you can make enough for a crowd all at the same time. This is hands down, the easiest way to make pancakes!
What will I need make a sheet pancake recipe?
You will need the following ingredients:
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
- Dark chocolate chips
- Heavy whipping cream
- Red tart cherries
You will need the following supplies:
- Mixing bowls
- Spoon or spatula (to mix ingredients)
- Rimmed sheet pan
- Butter knife
How do I store the Dark Chocolate Cherry Sheet Pancakes?
You can store any leftover pancakes in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days. These also freeze really well and can be kept in the freezer for up to 2 months. Reheat in the microwave for a quick breakfast.
Can I eat these warm or cold?
Either! We love them fresh out of the oven and they are just as good after they’ve cooled down to room temperature.
Other pancake recipes
Dark Chocolate Cherry Sheet Pancakes
For the pancakes:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅔ cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the toppings and swirl:
- 8 ounces dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1: 14.5 ounce can red tart cherries, drained
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a large bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, sugar, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, milk, vanilla extract, and 4 tablespoons of butter, whisking to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into a rimmed sheet pan prepared with parchment paper and greased with butter.
- Jiggle the pan slightly to spread the batter evenly across the pan.
- Prepare the chocolate sauce by heating the heavy whipping cream (either in the microwave or on the stove).
- Pour the heavy whipping cream over the dark chocolate chips, allow it to sit for a minute or two before stirring until smooth.
- Drizzle the chocolate sauce over the pancake mix and use a butter knife to create swirls in the batter.
- Sprinkle with the cherries and place in the oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, checking the middle with a toothpick to confirm doneness.
- Top the pancakes with remaining cherries and chocolate sauce, if desired.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.