Easy 20-Minute Teriyaki Chicken and Broccoli
This easy 20-minute teriyaki chicken and broccoli recipe will be one that you keep on your dinner menu rotation WEEKLY.
OBSESSED is one way to describe this recipe but most importantly, EASY.
It takes no time to make it and it is one of our favorite dishes to make now. I make it at least once a week because of how quickly it comes together (yes, really, 20 minutes!) which is super helpful for me during weeknights after work.
You can also watch a video of me making it below! I think once you see how easy it is to make, you’ll want to make it too!
Why do we love this teriyaki chicken and broccoli recipe so much?
Well, first of all, the homemade teriyaki sauce is drool-inducing.
Its got the perfect amount of sweetness and I love how thick it is.
It coats the dish so well and you’ll basically want to pour it all over your rice, too. Or noodles!
You can totally make teriyaki chicken and broccoli with noodles too.
Additionally, you can use this sauce for virtually anything – swap out the broccoli for your favorite veggie, swap out the chicken for your favorite protein.
You can use brown rice, quinoa, noodles — whatever floats your boat!
We also can’t complain that dish comes together in 20 minutes. This is WAY better than take-out!
Faster than any take-out restaurant can get to you.
Can we call that a win?!
What is in the teriyaki sauce that makes it so good?!
All you need are basic pantry ingredients to put together this teriyaki sauce for the teriyaki chicken and broccoli.
- Soy sauce
- Brown sugar
- Rice vinegar
The full recipe with measurements is below!
Would you serve teriyaki chicken and broccoli with noodles?
Why not? I think it would be SO good with lo-mein style noodles.
The thick sauce would coat all the noodles and you can twirl the noodles together with the chicken and broccoli!
If you like quick and easy recipes such as this teriyaki chicken and broccoli, you’ll love these easy Chinese recipes:
- 25-minute beef and snow pea stir fry
- Mongolian beef
- Pineapple fried rice
- Chicken fried rice
- Sweet and Sour Chicken
Watch me make this easy 20-minute chicken and broccoli teriyaki recipe below!
This easy 20-minute teriyaki chicken and broccoli will soon be a favorite in your house!
- 4 cups fresh broccoli (see notes below if you're using frozen broccoli)
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast, diced into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a small bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil and add the broccoli. Blanch the broccoli for 5 minutes then immediately transfer the broccoli to an ice bath (a large bowl of water with ice in it) to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- In a skillet, brown chicken on both sides with vegetable oil over medium high heat. Add the broccoli (excess water drained well) then turn the heat down to medium. Gently pour in the sauce and let thicken, about 5 minutes. Gently toss the ingredients in the sauce until everything is coated well.
- Serve over rice.
If you're using frozen broccoli, you will not need to do step 2. Make sure you thaw the broccoli out well and drain it of excess water. Add to the skillet the same time the fresh broccoli is added in step 3.
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate.
Posted on July 09, 2018