Pretty sure this is the ONLY garlic bread recipe that you’ll need in your life because it is EPIC. Actually, it is beyond epic. I just don’t really have words for it. If you’re watching Stranger Things; it’s like another dimension kind of epic ;)
Garlic lovers — you will be in heaven with this bread. Yes, you basically will have stank breath for the rest of the evening until you brush your teeth but it’s 100% worth it.
This extra garlicky and cheesy garlic bread has pretty much wiped away any garlic bread I’ve ever had because this is simply hands down the best I’ve ever had. Bold statement but it is totally needed to let you know how epic this is. It has 21 (!!) cloves of garlic, lots of parmesan cheese, and uses fruity olive oil.
You may also wonder how I managed to mince 21 cloves of garlic. I swear I have a life but in all seriousness, it’s thanks to this garlic twister. EVERY single time I share it on Instagram, I think the company’s stock goes up. Haha kidding, but it’s seriously one of my favorite kitchen gadgets ever and everyone seems to think the same.
You know how Alton Brown is all, “don’t buy uni-taskers?” Well, this is one uni-tasker that will save your time and your fingers (because garlicky fingers are not fun). You smash the garlic with the bottom of the garlic twister then you throw the cloves into (like 2-3 at a time depending on how large your cloves are) and then you twist and it minces it PERFECTLY. Way better than any knife skills you have acquired. Then you just use a spoon or spatula to scoop it out (again avoiding those garlicky fingers!) and be on your merry way to finally eating this extra garlicky and cheesy bread.
Pretty sure that bread bowl at dinner is gonna need to be filled with these!
Extra Garlicky and Cheesy Bread
- 1 French baguette or similar (about 20 inches in length)
- 21 cloves of garlic finely minced
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the broiler on the oven.
- Slice the baguette in half length-wise then in half down the middle height-wise. You'll have 4 shorter baguettes.
- In a small bowl, mix together garlic, cheese, olive oil, oregano, and salt. It will be a thick paste-like consistency.
- Using a spatula, evenly divide the mixture amongst the baguettes and spread in an even layer. It will seem like a lot of garlic and "paste" but it's what you want.
- If you have some leftover — keep it! It works great by mixing it with breadcrumbs and using it as a crumb topping on dishes.
- Place baguettes on baking sheet and bake for 5-10 minutes or until bread is browned and mixture is bubbly. You'll want to watch this very carefully.
- Remove from oven and let cool until cool enough to touch.
- Slice into pieces and serve!
There is an affiliate link within this post