Slice up this Grilled Chipotle Chicken, serve it on pineapple fried rice, and enjoy a flavorful and deliciously satisfying dinner! This chicken dinner is most certainly a winner, as it only calls for seven ingredients and hassle-free, easy steps.
In case you couldn’t tell by all the free range children running around and the sweltering heat, it’s summertime! For me, that means something very important – it’s time to make Pineapple Fried Rice to pretend we’re in the tropics and also grilling season!
The pineapple fried rice served with this grilled chipotle chicken is a sweet and savory fried rice dish that hits the spot every time, all while tasting like juicy pineapple. Really, this stuff is heavenly!
Just when I thought that pineapple fried rice couldn’t get any better, I realized just how wrong I was. That fresh, flavorful, summery fried rice is really elevated when served with grilled chipotle chicken! The rich flavors of the chicken come from ingredients like honey, chipotle pepper sauce, and smoked paprika. Paired with the sweet fried rice, it’s unforgettably good.
I feel like too often, when people think of seasonal foods, their minds go to cozy fall and winter dishes. While those are fabulous, it’s time to show summer some love, and this is the perfect dish to do it with!
The pineapple rice by itself practically takes you to the tropics, while the savory chicken really hits the spot. After a long hot day in the blistering heat, treat yourself to this easy dinner!
- Tabasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce – Of all the chipotle sauces I’ve tried, this is the most flavorful one! It really gives the chicken a complex flavor that goes beyond just being spicy.
- Chicken – I use thin cut boneless skinless chicken breasts. If you can’t find thin cut, just buy larger breasts and cut them in half.
- Honey – For the best flavor, try to find a local, organic honey. Those usually have richer flavor than sweeter bear bottle versions.
- Garlic powder – This helps to give the chicken even more savory, mouthwatering seasoning that makes it so irresistible!
- Smoked paprika – Use smoked, not regular paprika for a more authentic grilled flavor.
- Sea salt – To taste. Careful not to overdo it!
- Kentucky flour – Trust me, Kentucky flour makes all the difference. You can use spicy and hot for added heat, or regular to keep things more neutral.
- Garnishes – Cilantro, red chili and limes are the best fresh and flavorful garnishes for this chicken dinner.
Can I speed up the marinating time?
Regrettably, no. I know how long an hour can feel when you’re hungry, but I promise the wait is worth it!
The chicken needs a full hour to really soak up all those delicious ingredients. However, that hour gives you plenty of time to prepare your pineapple fried rice!
Can you make this with another protein?
You definitely can! Thin sliced pork chops would be another great option.
Can you use another cut of chicken?
You can use boneless skinless chicken thighs if you can’t find thin-cut chicken breasts.
You can also take the chicken breast and slice it in half lengthwise to get it thinner.
How long will grilled chipotle chicken stay fresh?
In an airtight container in the fridge, this grilled chicken will stay fresh for about 2-3 days.
While it reheats just fine in the microwave, it’s much better when pan seared until heated all the way through! It just takes a few minutes to do, and it’s the best way to make sure it doesn’t get dried out.
I’ve been craving chicken like crazy lately! Check out what I’ve been whipping up in my kitchen.
Grilled Chipotle Chicken
- 3 tablespoons Tabasco Chipotle Pepper Sauce
- 2 pounds thin cut boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 6
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Sea salt
- Kentucky flour, spicy and hot or original (see notes)
- Red chili
- In a large bowl, marinate chicken breast with Chipotle Tabasco Pepper Sauce, honey, garlic, smoked paprika and salt for 1 hour.
- In the meantime, make pineapple fried rice.
- In a pan, heat up some vegetable or avocado oil. Remove chicken from marinate and coat gently with Kentucky flour. Give it a shake and lay in the pan. Cook both sides until chicken breasts cook through and look crispy and golden.
- Place on a kitchen paper on a plate to remove excess oil.
- Divide rice in bowls and add with chicken on top. Garnish with cilantro, chili and limes.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.