I did a poll on Instagram yesterday to see what recipe to post today and between chocolate muffins and this salad, the salad was the clear winner.
What?! I totally thought chocolate muffins would win. Maybe my healthy eating habits is rubbing off on everyone??
This salad is a take on my new favorite Sweetgreen salad, their Harvest Bowl. I swear I love recreating Sweetgreen salads. They’re simple and classic and so flavorful.
I’ve recreated their Kale Caesar and now here with this Harvest Bowl. It’s loaded with so much goodness.
I didn’t add the wild rice like they have in stores because honestly, when I do have it with the wild rice, it’s a bit too heavy for me for lunch. I’m absolutely stuffed.
This salad is loaded with roasted sweet potatoes, kale, apples, chicken, almonds, and the best green goddess dressing ever.
It’s from Trader Joe’s so I understand if you all can’t seek it out. I love this green goddess dressing and Brandy has an amazing green goddess on her site so you could make either as a substitute or just go to the grocery store and get something similar.
Harvest Chopped Salad Bowl
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups loosely packed dinosaur kale leaves
- 3/4 cup shredded chicken
- 3/4 cup diced apples
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and add cubed sweet potatoes to a nonstick baking tray. Drizzle olive oil then season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Roast for 15 minutes, or until softened. Remove from oven and let cool while you're assembling other ingredients.
- In a large bowl, add kale leaves, shredded chicken, apples, and almonds. Toss around to mix everything evenly. Add the sweet potatoes then add your favorite dressing on top and toss to coat.
- **To make this a chopped salad, you may want to finely chop your kale leaves ahead of time prior to adding to the bowl. Or use the salad chopper I have linked to in the notes below. I just throw everything into the bowl and run the chopper through. So easy!