This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This insanely gorgeous and delicious Mexican street corn kale salad is bursting with flavor and so very filling. Who said eating a salad had to be unsatisfying?!
I don’t know what the best part of this easy salad recipe is. It could be the roasted Mexican corn, but it could also be the delectable queso fresco or the pickled onions on top. Honestly, it’s all of it and the homemade yogurt salad dressing is what brings it all together!
While I can’t decide what the best individual part of this salad recipe is, I can confidently say that as a whole, this Mexican street corn salad is SO good. I mean, I find myself craving it lately, and I’m pretty sure it’s the combination of warmer weather and also it transports you to poolside vibes!
For me, salads are usually side dishes or lunches. This corn salad, though, has become a staple in my weeknight dinner routine. Since it’s packed with veggies, I never have a second though about eating multiple servings!
It’s flavorful, filling, and ultimately satisfying. Toss that nasty, store-bought plastic bag salad in the trash, and toss together this unforgettable Mexican street corn kale salad!
Ingredients for Mexican street corn kale salad
- Corn – Use fresh ears of corn, not frozen.
- Greek yogurt – Plain is the way to go! Any kind of flavored Greek yogurt won’t pair well with the other ingredients.
- Chili powder – For an extra kick, toss in an additional teaspoon of chili powder.
- Lime – One fresh lime will provide all the zest and juice you need.
- Baby kale – Did you know that this superfood has vitamins A, K, and C, just to name a few.
- Queso fresco – Make sure it’s crumbled.
- Pickled red onion
I also have two different versions of Mexican street corn:
If you want to use either of those on top of this salad, that would be just as delicious! Say you have leftovers of the above versions…putting them on top of this kale salad is a great way to repurpose leftovers!
How far in advance can I make Mexican street corn kale salad?
For best results, don’t toss the salad in the yogurt dressing until you’re ready to serve it immediately. If you toss it too early, the kale will wilt and get soggy.
However, you can combine all of the other fresh salad ingredients together and keep them in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the fridge! The homemade dressing will also stay fresh for that long in a separate container.
How can I make this Mexican-inspired salad spicy?
I totally get it – when I hear “Mexican,” spicy food usually comes to mind! To add some extra heat to this salad, consider roasting the corn with butter and cayenne pepper.
If you want to make the dressing itself spicier, add more chili powder or cayenne pepper.
Chopped jalapeños also make a deliciously fresh, spicy addition to this healthy meal!
Looking for more salads that are actually satisfying?
Mexican Street Corn Kale Salad
- 4 ears of corn, shucked
- ½ cup (100 g) plain Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Zest from one lime
- Juice from one lime, divided
- 6 cups (402 g) baby kale
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup (41 g) crumbled queso fresco
- ½ cup (8 g) cilantro leaves
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- Pickled red onion
The default measuring system for this website is US Customary. Unit conversions are provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. While we strive to provide accurate unit conversions, please be aware that there may be some discrepancies.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Place corn directly on the grill grates. Grill, rotating every 8-10 minutes, until corn begins to char (about 30 minutes or shorter, depending on how hot your grill is). When corn is cool enough to handle, carefully cut the kernels from the cobs.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together Greek yogurt, garlic, chili powder, lime zest and 1/2 of the lime juice. Add water, 1 Tablespoon at a time, until salad dressing consistency is achieved.
- In a large bowl combine kale, salt and remaining lime juice. Gently massage the kale for 15 seconds to soften.
- To assemble the salad, toss together massaged kale, corn, dressing, queso fresco, and cilantro. Serve immediately with sliced avocado and pickled red onion.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.