This Instant Pot pork poblano skillet enchilada looks super fancy and involved but it’s actually one of the easiest recipes EVER.
You literally throw a piece of pork into the Instant Pot with some sauce, let it do its thang, then assemble it all in the skillet and bake it off.
So much incredible flavor!!
This is comfort food elevated! When you’re craving some tacos or having a big potluck, I promise you everyone will want a giant scoop of this.
We all have days where you just want a GOOD, hearty, stick to your ribs, meal and I’m telling you this is it. The pork has SO much flavor from the salsa verde and omg, roasted poblanos. Have you made dishes with roasted poblanos?
You are totally missing out if you haven’t incorporated roasted poblanos in your cooking.
Instant Pot Pork Poblano Skillet Enchiladas
Servings are adjustable but please note that results, timing, and cookware may vary when adjusting servings.
For the pork:
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless pork shoulder
- 16 ounces roasted salsa verde (jarred)
For the rest of the dish:
- 3 roasted poblanos, deseeded and diced
- 15.5 ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 flour tortillas, cut lengthwise into thick 2" strips then halved
- 3/4 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- In the insert of your 6-quart Instant Pot/pressure cooker, place the whole pork shoulder in then pour the salsa verde on top.
- Close the lid of the pressure cooker and make sure that the vent is set to sealing.
- Press the meat function button on the Instant Pot and tick up the time to 65 minutes.
- When the pork is done cooking, let it naturally release. Once naturally released, you can remove the pork and place it on a cutting board and shred it. Do NOT dump out the liquid from the Instant Pot.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- In a large, oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat, add your diced poblanos, beans, corn, and shredded pork. Season with salt and pepper then continue to cook to warm through the ingredients.
- Add the flour tortillas then ladle in about 1/2 cup - 2/3 cup of the salsa verde liquid. Toss to soften the tortillas and coat the ingredients in sauce.
- Sprinkle cheese on top then place in the oven to broil until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with green onions, if desired, then divide into bowls and serve!