How did we get here already? Talking about Thanksgiving LEFTOVERS today. Crazy, crazy. I hope that you’ve already gathered all your ingredients for the big day tomorrow and have a game plan ready to go! I know leftovers might be the last thing you want to think about but how could you say you don’t want to take a peek at these leftover Thanksgiving turkey sliders?
Also, can we talk about the fact that when I made these sliders, it was my first time ever having Hawaiian rolls? I didn’t understand people’s obsession with them but um, these are madly dangerous. Like, I ate four sliders before I had to stop myself because otherwise I’d have zero rolls left to make this recipe!
These leftover Thanksgiving turkey sliders are EVERYTHING Thanksgiving leftovers are made of…literally. I could very well be extremely happy with loads of Thanksgiving leftovers if I had these sliders to look forward to every year. And could you imagine the possibilities? If you had sweet potato casserole leftover, it could be used as a spread of some sort. Oh the possibilities of these sliders!! But you must not forget the cheese!
I am pretty sure your guests will love you the next day when you whip out these sliders from the oven. They’ll never see Thanksgiving leftovers in the same light ever again. They’ll actually LIKE the leftovers.
I used to hate Thanksgiving leftovers but I realized it’s how you get creative with the leftovers is how you will view it all. So now, I can officially say, I like them. We won’t have any this year, though, due to the circumstances, but hey – you can easily do this with deli meat and make these sliders any day!
Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Sliders
- 24 Hawaiian rolls
- Leftover Thanksgiving turkey, thinly sliced
- Leftover Thanksgiving cranberry sauce
- 24 Provolone cheese slices
- Chives, finely chopped, for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a large baking sheet and set aside.
- Assemble sliders the way you want to layer them. Use half the provolone cheese slice for inside the slider then place the other half on top of the slider. Repeat until all slider rolls have been used up.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese has melted and is bubbly and brown.
- Serve warm.