When you’re young, you can’t wait for birthdays, Christmas, Halloween, etc. I’ve realized that as you grow up, those holidays become less exciting. Well, they’re still exciting as far as the anticipation of them go but I just feel like it’s just another day sometimes. Don’t get me wrong – I love holidays and I love being with my family, but the excitement I had when I was young is way different than it is now! I guess that’s what it’s like to grow up and you get into more “grown up” things. Getting a new vacuum excites me or getting new furniture makes me giddy. All comes with age, I guess. I know it sounds random that I’m talking about this but it’s because just a couple days ago, I forgot that today was my 26th birthday. I was sent a gift card via email from my SIL & BIL and I was like “what’s this for?” I honestly thought it was a “congratulations on Anderson Cooper” card. Jason then reminded me, “uh, it’s for your birthday.” See what I mean by moments like that that get less exciting? Or maybe it’s just me. I’m sure once we have kids or something, it’ll be different.
Anyway, being an adult isn’t so bad. You get to throw parties and have all your friends over. Just like when you were young but you can do adult things now like…drink and curse.
Along with your adult things, you definitely can’t have a game day party without sliders! I’ve got you covered. These take no time to whip together. In fact, it’s THREE INGREDIENTS that you probably already have on hand. Actually, I KNOW for a fact you have soda or beer on hand (you’re throwing a game day party after all, right?) so now that leaves you with the two other ingredients that I’m positive any well-stocked pantry & fridge has! After you’ve gathered your massive ingredient list, you literally set and forget. It’s so easy that you can tell your husband to make it for his friends that he’s inviting over! Hahaha
I actually made these way back in the day on the blog but the picture needed a major revamp and I felt that I needed to showcase the easy pulled pork again. Instead of making them into sandwiches, I made them into sliders. For one, they’re easier to eat, and two, they’re just so cute :) I love sliders. They make you feel less guilty eating five of them cause they’re so mini ;)
These Mini BBQ Pork Sliders are SO easy to make: all you need is three ingredients and a crockpot! Perfect for any game day party!
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin or pork shoulder or pork butt
- 1 12: oz can of soda (or any beer if you'd like)
- 1 cup BBQ sauce, or more, depending on how saucy you like your pulled pork, any brand
- In a crockpot, place your pork in the insert and pour the soda over top of the pork.
- Set your crockpot on low and cook for 6 hours.
- After 6 hours, place pork on large cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. You can discard any liquid inside the crockpot insert.
- Using a fork or tongs, shred the pork and place back into the crockpot insert.
- Put BBQ sauce on top of shredded pork and toss to coat completely.
- Serve on toasted buns (regular size or sliders).