Molasses ginger cookies are soft and chewy with the perfect amount of ginger flavor
I love cookies that are bigger than my hand! They make it that more enjoyable to eat because it’s like a never-ending cookie. But all good things must come to an end so of course these hand-sized cookies only prolong the heavenly cookie effect for a tad longer than regular sized cookies :)
If you haven’t looked at your calendar, you may not have noticed that today is 12/12/12. I’m obsessed with dates that have some kind of pattern to them. Like 10/11/12 or 11/12/13. I wish I could get married on a “cool” date. My wedding photographer got married on 10/10/10, how fun! Ok, that’s my random tangent of the day.
So I think I’ve made these cookies over three times already since Lauren posted the recipe. I love how soft and chewy they are and I LOVE the ginger flavor. They’re definitely like a ginger snap cookie but without the snap. I’d call them ginger chews if I could, but then that sounds like a candy.
Molasses Ginger Cookies
- 2 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup molasses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and brown sugar until creamy and fluffy. Add in the the egg and molasses. Beat until incorporated.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients until just combined. Drop onto prepared baking sheets with a cookie scoop. To make extra large sizes, I did two scoops of cookie dough, rolled in a ball, and gently pressed the tops down.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. I took mine out a minute before they were done as I like mine softer and chewier.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before removing baking sheets. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.