Andes mints remind me of childhood so much. I still remember the little tiny foil wrappers they come in and unwrapping them to a small little mint chocolate bar. Literally my favorite life skill as a kid was unwrapping these as fast as I could and letting them melt in my mouth.
Also, do we remember that Olive Garden had them as their sweet treat when you got the check? I think it was my favorite thing they did at Olive Garden when Olive Garden was still somewhere people went to eat.
Andes mints would always be something my parents kept in the house mainly because my dad loved the mint and chocolate combination, however, his love for those mint candies rubbed off onto me because I would always have one too many!
No-bake Andes mint cheesecake bars
These no-bake Andes mint cheesecake bars are everything a mint and chocolate lover could ever want and more!
It’s like layers of fluffy, creamy, deliciousness.
One layer is crushed up Oreo’s for that texture and crunch. The other layer is light and fluffy cream cheese and then the final layer is fluffy chocolate and mint then Andes mints are scattered all over the top — you know, in case there isn’t enough mint chocolate for you.
Seriously, this no-bake Andes mint cheesecake bars are the perfect treat for those who don’t want to fire up the oven and for those looking for an exceptionally easy treat!
How to make no-bake Andes mint cheesecake bars
You will be surprised at how easy these mint cheesecake bars are to make!
All you have to do first is make the crust then it’s all about dividing and layering.
You make one large batch of the cheesecake filling and then divide it in two – one for the green layer and one for the chocolate mint layer.
I think the only “hard” thing about this recipe is waiting for it to chill! Of course, you could eat this at room temperature too.
Other mint chocolate recipes:
No-Bake Andes Mint Cheesecake Bars
Servings are adjustable but please note that results, timing, and cookware may vary when adjusting servings.
For the crust:
- 1 package Oreos or chocolate creme filled cookies, crushed
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
- 3: 8 ounce packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1: 10 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 packages Andes mints or other mint chocolates
- Green food coloring
- Combine Oreo crumbs and melted butter, stir together with a fork, until well combined. Press the mixture firmly into a lined 8×8 pan, and place in the refrigerator so the crust can begin to set. (Use parchment paper a few inches longer than the pan on each side, so you can easily lift it when it has set).
For the filling:
- In a large bowl, cream together the cream cheese, condensed milk, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Mix until it is smooth and creamy. You want to make sure there are not small pieces of the cream cheese remaining.
- Divide in half. Add a few drops of green food coloring to one half. Mix the filling until it is a light green. Spread this mixture over the prepared crust. Be sure to press into all spaces evenly, return to the refrigerator or put in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- For the chocolate filling, remove Andes mints from wrappers, and place in a microwave safe bowl. Melt the chocolates for about one minute, and stir to combine into a smooth creamy chocolate. Add the melted chocolate to the remaining portion of the filling, stirring to combine. The mixture will start to thicken, but will still be creamy. Pour the chocolate mixture over the green mixture and return to the refrigerator to chill, at least 2-3 hours, before serving.
- Top with chopped mints if desired.