Parmesan crisps are the best salad toppers ever! They give your salad that extra cheesy crunch and they’re so easy to make! You’ll want to get some good parmesan cheese for this recipe. Meaning, buy a good wedge and grate it yourself. If you buy the pre-grated ones, it won’t come out as nice because of the added coating that is added to pre-shredded cheese. Fresh is best and freshly grated is always going to yield better results.
I have a salad coming tomorrow that uses these parmesan crisps and you’re going to be so addicted to these parmesan crisps that you’re going to find every excuse in the book to make salads all the time! I crumble these light crisps all over the top of my salads but you can easily have them whole on top of the salad and crush them with your fork as you eat them. Any way you choose, you won’t be disappointed!
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking sheet (it works best) or parchment paper.
- Place parmesan cheese onto baking sheet in little piles all over and lightly flatten with your fingers.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, or until cheese has melted and starting to turn brown. Watch this carefully!
- Remove from oven and let parmesan crisps cool on baking sheet for at least 30 minutes. Carefully remove parmesan crisps after 30 minutes and place on wire rack to cool completely.
- Use immediately on top of salads or soups!