Sweet, delicious Peach Fritters are homemade treats straight from heaven! These fried peach desserts are perfect for an early morning delight with coffee or a late night snack before bed. No matter when you treat yourself to one fo these fritters, you’ll be sure to smile!
Move over, donut shops – my homemade recipe for peach fritters is way better than anything you guys have! Seriously though, these fritters are pretty hard to beat.
Juicy ripe peaches are mixed throughout the homemade dough that fries perfectly! These fritters are wonderfully crisp and crunchy on the outside, warm and doughy on the inside.
I feel like August is slipping by so quickly, and I’ve barely had any time to enjoy my summer recipes. Well, I technically had all summer, but that slipped by too!
Before my world becomes all about pumpkins and caramel apples, I want to enjoy the brighter things in life, like using peaches while they’re still ripe to make these unbelievably good fritters.
And as much as I love a good baked donut or an air fryer recipe, sometimes you just can’t beat a classic fried fritter.
These bad boys aren’t just easy to fry up in a pan, but they’re also so downright delicious because of that old fashioned method. The hot oil ensures that the outside of the fritter is the perfect consistency, all while the inside is cooked through and fluffy!
Ingredients for peach fritters
- Vegetable oil – This is the best oil for frying.
- Eggs – They can be cold or room temperature.
- Milk – Whole milk works best, but skim or even oat milk can be used. You’ll need it for the fritters themselves as well as the glaze.
- Butter – Use unsalted butter, as you don’t want these sweet treats to be salty.
- Flour – All-purpose is what you’ll need.
- Sugar – Plain white granulated sugar is the best! Nothing fancy needed here.
- Baking powder – This is what helps keep the donuts nice and fluffy.
- Cinnamon – Just a dash helps to create some depth in flavor.
- Salt – Just a pinch.
- Peaches – Use fresh peaches, not frozen or canned peaches!
- Powdered sugar – This is a key ingredient for the drizzle.
Does this recipe work with other fruits?
While peaches are my favorite fruit to use in this fritter recipe, you could really use any fruit you’d like!
Strawberries, blueberries, and apples are all pretty tasty options.
Can you make these peach fritters in the oven?
Unfortunately, this recipe is made for the deep fryer.
How long will homemade peach fritters stay fresh?
In an airtight container at room temperature, these fresh fritters will stay tasty for about 2-3 days.
You can pop them in the microwave for just a few seconds if you want them warmed again!
Pro tip when frying peach fritters:
When adding them to the hot oil, try to clump the 3-4 tablespoons of batter close together so they will have that fritter shape!
- 48 ounces vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large peaches, about 2 cups once cut, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
The default measuring system for this website is US Customary. Unit conversions are provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. While we strive to provide accurate unit conversions, please be aware that there may be some discrepancies.
- Heat the oil in a deep-frying skillet over medium heat to about 365 °F
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl then add the milk and butter and whisk again until combined.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and stir to combine.
- Add the peaches and stir just until combined.
- Add 3-4 tablespoons of batter to the oil then add 1-2 more fritters to the pan and fry each for 2-3 minutes on each side or until light and golden on each side.
- Let them drain off any excess oil on a plate with a paper towel.
- Repeat the frying process with the remaining batter.
- Mix the powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon of milk at a time until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Drizzle it over the fritters and let them dry for 3-4 minutes before serving.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.