Pizza Muffins are the most craveable appetizer ever, and only call for four simple ingredients! Fluffy crescent roll dough is baked to perfection with a center filled with robust pizza sauce, gooey mozzarella cheese and of course, pepperoni.
It’s back to school season, which for many people, means it’s also “my kid just invited a bunch of kids over to the house without letting me know first” season!
When you have a kitchen full of hungry kids staring at you, there’s one thing you can make that’s so much better than tossing them a bag of Goldfish – pizza muffins!
These pizza muffins are ridiculously good, and they’re both kid and adult approved. While they’re ideal for an after school snack, they also double as the perfect party appetizer for all your grown-up friends as well! After all, no one really ever outgrows their love of pizza, right?
And yes, these bad boys pair pretty perfectly with both soda and beer.
As soon as a recipe calls for crescent roll dough, you just know it’s going to be good.
This recipe is no exception to that rule! The fluffy crescent roll dough is the perfect base for the pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pepperoni slices. All together, you get all the flavors you love about pizza, but in a smaller bite.
Serve these pizza muffins as a snack or appetizer, and prepare yourself for an onslaught of compliments!
Ingredients for pizza muffins
- Crescent roll dough – You’ll need about two 8-ounce containers for this recipe. Although, you may want to double that if you’re making these for a larger crowd.
- Pizza sauce – Keep these pizza muffins nice and easy by just buying a store-bought brand of this sauce.
- Mozzarella cheese – Although you can buy a bag of this already pre-shredded and ready to go, I recommend spending a little extra effort to get some freshly shredded mozzarella if you can. The flavor is just so incredible!
- Pepperoni – Dicing the slices into fourths make them fit perfectly into the small pizza muffins.
What other toppings can I top these pizza muffins with?
Crumbled Italian sausage would be really good! Pretend it’s a pizza – basically top it with whatever toppings you feel would be delicious!
You can even make it veggie!
How should I serve pizza muffins?
Personally, I like to serve these pizza muffins on a large platter with a big bowl of additional pizza sauce right in the middle. That way, people can dip and scoop more sauce for themselves as they please.
How long will pizza muffins stay fresh?
In an airtight container in the refrigerator, these pizza muffins will stay fresh for about 3 days.
To reheat them, pop them either back into the oven for just a few minutes, or your air fryer. I don’t recommend using the microwave, as that will zap the texture of the crescent roll dough and make it more limp.
Serve these up at your next pizza party!
- 16 ounces crescent roll dough sheets, two 8-ounce containers
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 ½ cups whole milk mozzarella cheese, freshly shredded
- 12 pepperoni slices, cut into 4 pieces each
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Cut each of the sheets of crescent roll dough into 6 equal squares.
- Lightly push each square into each of the muffin holes.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of the pizza sauce into the center of the crescent dough, then sprinkle in 2-3 tablespoons of cheese and 3-4 pieces of pepperoni.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges of the dough turn a light, golden color.
- Serve with marinara sauce and freshly chopped parsley.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.