Pizza Stuffed Chicken is the easy weeknight dinner you’ve been waiting for! White meat chicken is cooked to juicy perfection while stuffed with all of your favorite pizza ingredients like pizza sauce, herbs, loads of seasonings, and multiple cheeses.
Pizza. Stuffed. Chicken. It’s the best of both world!
You get all the joys of pizza without any of the carbs, and it’s loaded with protein from the chicken! This is an easy dinner that the whole family won’t just love, but they’ll be begging for it at least once a week.
After all, who doesn’t love pizza – and this is such a good pizza-inspired dish!
Stuffed chicken is always a fun idea, since there are so many ways to do it.
With that being said, this is probably my favorite stuffed chicken recipe! At least, it is for now… I can be a bit fickle sometimes when it comes to favorite dinners.
But really, I don’t know if any stuffed chicken can top this pizza filled masterpiece!
Ingredients for pizza stuffed chicken
- Pizza sauce – This store-bought ingredient does wonders to this recipe.
- Herbs – You’ll need dried basil and parsley.
- Seasonings – Paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and kosher salt are all you need.
- Cheeses – Mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, and parmesan cheese create the best cheesy medley! Also, make sure your mozzarella is freshly grated.
- Olive oil – Extra virgin will have the richest flavor.
- Chicken breasts – Make sure to cut off any fat before slicing them!
- Pepperoni – This one is optional, but really… Who can eat pizza with no pepperoni?!
Tips to butterfly chicken breast
Try to have a flat surface as this will make it easier.
Use a flat hand and press the top of the chicken breast as you take a sharp knife and slice it lengthwise through. Be careful to NOT slice all the way through. You are essentially trying to create a pocket for the pizza stuffed chicken.
Repeat with the other chicken breasts!
What side dishes go well with pizza stuffed chicken?
Also, if you want to make some tasty garlic bread, that’s never a bad idea. There are plenty of frozen store-bought garlic breads but my garlic bread is honestly the best and SO garlicky for those garlic lovers!
How long will pizza stuffed chicken stay fresh?
In an airtight container in the fridge, this chicken will stay fresh for up to 4 day.
To reheat it, just pop it in an oven preheated to 350°F for about 10 minutes or less, until it’s warmed through. That should do the trick! You could always just use the microwave, but the reheated results might not be as tasty.
Craving more easy chicken dinners? You’ve come to the right place!
Pizza Stuffed Chicken
- 24 ounce jar of pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, freshly grated and divided
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts, about 2 pounds, with the fat pieces cut off and sliced ¾ of the way through lengthwise so that they lay flat but can still fold in half
- 6 ounce package of pepperoni slices
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and spread half of the pizza sauce into the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking pan or casserole dish.
- Mix the basil, parsley, paprika powder, garlic powder, onion powder and salt together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add two cups of the mozzarella cheese, the ricotta cheese, half of the parmesan cheese, olive oil and half of the herb mix to a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Place a chicken breast open on a plate then sprinkle ¼ of the remaining spice blend onto the front and back of the chicken breast and rub it in.
- Add ¼ of the ricotta mixture to one side of the chicken breast and spread it out.
- Add five to six slices of the pepperoni on top of the ricotta mixture then fold the chicken in half and seal it with toothpicks.
- Place the chicken in the prepared baking pan and repeat the process with the remaining chicken.
- Spread the remaining half of the pizza sauce on top of the chicken then sprinkle the top with the remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Add as much of the remaining pepperoni on top as you like then cover the pan with aluminum foil loosely and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil then bake again for another 10 minutes or until the sides of the cheese start to bubble and turn a light brown color.
- Let the chicken cool for about 10 minutes then serve with freshly minced parsley for garnish if desired.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.