Okay. It’s October. Has anyone started Christmas shopping yet? No, please don’t tell me. I don’t really feel like freaking out right now even though I’m already getting slightly anxious about Christmas gifts. Like I do every year because it’s just so hard to buy gifts for people. I’m all about the gift cards. Specifically Amazon gift cards because Amazon = buy all the things + Kindle books.
Anyway. The past two days I’ve been taking an internal training class and it’s called “Fierce Conversations.” It’s basically teaching you how to have difficult but necessary conversations with people you work with and be fierce about it without coming off like Mr. Douchepants. I know some people that need this class more than others. COUGHCOUGH. Moving on. It’s one of those classes that builds your conversational skills and I think everyone should be required to take it.
The best part of class happened yesterday. The instructor was like, “when you think of fierce, what do you think of?” and some lady in the back of the room yelled….
Do you want a super easy slow cooker dinner dish that you can basically set and forget? Of course you do! I mean, who doesn’t?
This literally involves….nothing.
Zero effort and 100% flavor and lots of yum.
You’ve gotta make this to switch up taco night! You’ll come to home a wonderful smelling pot of slow cooker chicken fajitas. And that my friends is how you impress your family with dinner. ;)
Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas
Servings are adjustable but please note that results, timing, and cookware may vary when adjusting servings.
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 5 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced into half-moons
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup salsa (mild, medium, or spicy - whatever you prefer)
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add the chicken stock to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place the remaining ingredients through salsa into the slow cooker. Stir to mix.
- Place chicken breasts on top.
- Sprinkle chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper to top of the chicken breasts.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken shreds easily.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred.
- Add the shredded chicken back into the slow cooker and toss everything together.
- Serve with flour tortillas and whatever toppings you like!