This spicy creamy cilantro lime dressing is jam packed with flavor! It’s whipped up with fresh, all natural ingredients made spicy with a jalapeño. Use this dressing on salads, as a dip, and so much more!
It seems that the latest trend (at least on TikTok) is to have dip parties. It’s like a potluck, except everyone brings their favorite homemade dips instead! Out of all the silly TikTok trends, this is probably the one I can actually appreciate the most.
When I start planning my dip party, I’m going to absolutely be serving this cilantro lime dressing alongside some shrimp! When you dunk a perfectly cooked shrimp into this creamy, spicy, totally to-die-for dressing, you won’t be able to have just one.
And no, this cilantro lime dressing isn’t just perfect for serving with shrimp! It’s also perfect for tossing a salad in or drizzling inside of a wrap. It adds an element of spicy, fresh flavor that will make just about anything more delicious!
What do I need to get started on cilantro lime dressing?
- Food processor or blender
- Sour cream – if you want a tangier version, you can use plain Greek yogurt instead
- Mayonnaise – you can use the plain Greek yogurt instead of mayo as well
- Lime juice – freshly squeezed lime juice is always best
- Cilantro – you can use the stems and all for the best flavor
- Olive oil – you can sub with any neutral flavored oil you prefer
- Garlic – you can use pre-minced garlic to save time
- Sugar – don’t worry – it won’t make the dressing sweet! The sugar helps keep it not too hot and not too sour
- Jalapeno – you can use a serano if you want it even spicier. Or, you can omit it entirely you don’t want it spicy
- Lime zest – I like to add a little zest at the end and sprinkled on top, but this can be omitted
How do I serve this?
You can drizzle this cilantro lime dressing on so many different salads!
To serve as a dip, you can add an extra 1/4 cup mayonnaise to thicken it, and serve it with chips, crackers, veggies, or (my favorite) shrimp.
How do I store leftovers?
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
More homemade dips and dressings I can’t get enough of
Spicy Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise, (or if making for a dip, use 1/2 cup)
- 1 cup tightly packed cilantro
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 jalapeño, deseeded and destemmed
- Lime zest from one lime
- Place all ingredients except the lime zest into a food processor and process for 30 seconds, if you want it to be creamier, process for 1 minute.
- Pour into a serving bowl or pitcher and sprinkle zest on top.
- Serve over salad or as a dip with chips or shrimp.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.