We’ve officially become “those” dog parents. Winston was invited to his first doggy birthday pawty this weekend! It was one of his best friends from daycare.
LOL I’m sure there are many of you judging us right now and possibly rolling your eyes, but we enjoy doting on our only child right now and experience this moment, live it, and have fun.
The best part of this pawty was that it was at this GORGEOUS Virginia winery that is about 45 minutes from our house. I love where we live because you can drive 45 minutes west and be in the rolling hills and vast land.
It’s absolutely breathtaking and the winery instantly became my new favorite. There have been some wineries around us that have decent wine but this winery had GOOD wine. Like really good wine.
We bought two bottles and one of them was a red wine that I fell in love with and if you know anything about me you know I’m not a red wine drinker :)
Aside from being a new red wine lover (well, specific red wines; I’m picky), I’m certainly not a new peanut butter lover. I am 100% a nut butter addict and I have at least two jars of peanut butter in the pantry at all time along with cashew butter and almond butter. They’re the best in smoothies BUT did you know they’re also pretty awesome in savory dishes, too?
When we were younger, my mom made a version of peanut butter chicken for us on the regular because it was easy to put together after a long day at work. I decided to take that childhood dish as inspiration for this spicy peanut chicken.
I feel like every dish I make for the blog I’m always saying how you have to make it immediately.
I mean, here’s the thing – I don’t post dishes on here that I can’t be passionate about. The reason why I’m always telling you to make something new I post immediately is because I’m literally blown away with it and 100% obsessed and I want you to feel the same. I want my passionate enthusiasm to translate into that same feeling for you in the kitchen and on your dinner table.
So with that said – please watch the recipe video below and then grab the recipe and make this spicy peanut chicken. We have made this three times since I created this recipe a couple weeks ago and I just love how the flavors go SO well together in a savory dish.
You never really think peanut butter can “go” in a savory dish but this spicy peanut chicken is about to prove everyone wrong!
Spicy Peanut Chicken
For the sauce
- ½ cup natural peanut butter, the kind you have to stir
- ¼ cup honey
- 2-3 teaspoons sambal oelek
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon water
- Splash of milk
For the rest of the dish
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 large red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 ¼ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped peanuts, for topping (optional)
- Chopped green onions, for topping (optional)
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together ingredients for the sauce.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat until hot then add the bell peppers. Cook until softened, about 5-7 minutes. Add the chicken and cook through, about 7-10 minutes.
- Pour the sauce on top then toss to coat and let simmer. Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper, then stir with a spatula until evenly distributed. Serve over white rice and top with chopped peanuts and green onions, if desired.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.