Pasta Carbonara w/Asparagus, Pancetta, & Lemon Herb Breadcrumbs a tasty pasta dish perfect for the weekend!
Does anyone like watching Rachael Ray?
I used to watch her all the time. Then, she got really annoying. Like, to the point that I had to watch her with the volume muted.
The lady is annoying but DANG, can she make some pretty awesome food. Which is why I haven’t completely cut her out of my weekend schedule.
Normal Saturday’s consist of waking up before Pioneer Woman comes on and eating breakfast while watching her make something far better than what I’m having at the moment, going through my “to make this weekend” list and usually cooking/baking all day. That’s only if we don’t have a crazy schedule for the weekend already planned. I try to only plan stuff in the evenings so I can get a day’s worth of cooking and natural light for photography. It’s funny I work my life around the natural light haha
I think on this one particular Saturday, J and I were hanging out in the afternoon, flipping through channels because nothing was on tv. When we flipped over Food Network, Rachael Ray was tossing together some gorgeous and creamy looking pasta. She had me at creamy. I can never pass up the chance to make creamy pasta. It’s my all time favorite type. We stopped to see what she was making and it was a version of pasta carbonara.
And it had PANCETTA and ASPARAGUS. I mean, I don’t know about you, but I had just recently bought about 3 pounds of asparagus. Besides my pee smelling foul due to the asparagus, I love asparagus paired with pancetta just as much as the next person. TMI? hehe
I pulled up the recipe on Food Network’s site and immediately put it on the menu for the coming week.
Rachael Ray, as much as you annoy me, you certainly never disappoint in your recipes. This was so yummy. I went along with the egged theme and used egg noodles. The lemon breadcrumbs you top this pasta with screams SPRINGTIME. It’s definitely a dish you need out on your dinner table sometime soon. It really is refreshing and creamy good at the same time.
Adapted from Rachael Ray
Pasta Carbonara w/Asparagus, Pancetta, & Lemon Herb Breadcrumbs
Yield: 4 servings | Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes
1 pound egg noodles
1 pound asparagus, tough ends trimmed then cut into 1-inch pieces on an angle
1/3 pound pancetta, finely diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup dry white wine
3 egg yolks
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 tbsp. butter
1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
Zest of 1 lemon
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil and season with salt.
- In a large skillet, over medium high heat, add the pancetta and cook for about 3 minutes. Then add in the garlic and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Add in the wine and reduce the heat to low.
- While it’s reducing, you can go ahead and add in your egg noodles to the pot of boiling water. Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the package. When pasta is halfway done, add in the asparagus to cook together. Once finished, drain pasta and asparagus, while reserving 1 cup of pasta water. Set pasta, asparagus, and water aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt 2 tbsp. of butter and add in the breadcrumbs and lemon zest. Stir until all combined and breadcrumbs are moistened. Set aside.
- Lightly beat the egg yolks in a small bowl and set aside.
- Now, you can add the pasta and asparagus to the skillet. Toss around and then add in the egg yolks. Turn off the heat and toss for 1 minute, adding in the reserved pasta water slowly to thin out the mixture. Stir in cheese. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Divide up the pasta in bowls and top with lemon breadcrumbs.
All images and content are © Table for Two. Please do not republish anything without prior consent. If you want to share this recipe, please REWRITE the directions in your own words, use your own photos, and link back to this post to provide proper credit. Please feel free to contact me with any questions regarding this.