Sloppy Joe Mac ‘n Cheese
NEW VIDEO below of your favorite new weeknight dish, sloppy joe mac ‘n cheese. Yes, it is as amazing as it sounds and quite personally, I think this is way better than the traditional sandwich 😉
I’m not sure if you know but in December 2015, I published my first cookbook, Dinner for Two.
And within that cookbook, there is this dish called Sloppy Joe Mac ‘n Cheese that is hands down our FAVORITE recipe in the book. I’m bias but I think all the recipes in the book are great but if you’re looking for a kid-friendly, family favorite dish and one that is easy to put together; hands down this sloppy joe mac ‘n cheese is the one.
Like, we double the recipe ALL THE TIME because we can’t get enough of this dish. The simplicity of this dish will make you wonder how something so simple can be that amazing all at the same time.
You’ll really love this recipe as much as we do and you can watch me make it here:
And don’t forget to grab the recipe!
If there were ever a dish that I wanted you to drop everything to go make, this would be the one! This is the perfect weeknight dish to put on rotation!
- ¾ cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoon Worcestchire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups rotini or any spiral-shaped pasta
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ large onion, diced (¾ cup)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced (about ½ cup)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ pound ground beef
- 1 cup freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat up the vegetable oil. Add the onion, green bell pepper, and garlic. Sauté until fragrant and softened, about 5 minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to directions on the package.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet and break it up with your spatula or wooden spoon. Cook until ground beef is thoroughly cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the sauce to the skillet then add the pasta (drained of excess water) then add the cheese on top. Turn the heat down to medium -low and toss the pasta and cheese until cheese has melted and the pasta is coated in the sauce with the ingredients evenly distributed throughout.
Divide evenly in bowls and serve!
Posted on March 13, 2018