So, I’m supposed to be in Seattle right now but my body decided to completely shut down on me right before my trip to Iowa annnnd so I had to change up plans and move Seattle & PDX to next weekend. I’m super surprised that I was able to change my flight so easily (and with minimal costs).
So yeah. I’m resting up and heading out next week. I figure it’s better to do that than to have no voice and be miserable all weekend. Plus, we’re doing a FOOD TOUR of Seattle & Portland – what kind of food tour would I be on if I couldn’t even taste anything?!
Anyway, this recipe I’m sharing with y’all today comes from Jenna’s AMAZING book, White Jacket Required.
I have so many praises for that book. I love how close I felt to Jenna, as if I were her real life friend. The way she told her story and her experiences, made me feel like I was there with her. I literally laughed and cried with her. I felt silly crying in bed as I was reading parts of the book, but that’s how real it felt. It’s such a heartwarming book. You won’t be able to put it down. I love all the recipes she scattered throughout the book, makes you hungry reading it!
This linguine and clam pasta was exceptional. So easy to make and every bite made you want more and more until your plate was empty!
Disclaimer: this post contained an affiliate link.
Linguine and Clam Sauce
- 8 ounces dried linguine
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 3: 6.5 ounce cans of clams, drained, with 1/2 cup juice reserved
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil and cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat then add the minced shallots and saute until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the clams and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the reserved clam juice, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes. Bring to simmer and cook for 3 minutes.
- Toss the pasta with the sauce. Divide among four plates and serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.