Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
I’m throwing more donuts in your face! Do you remember these guys? I swear it’s been over a month since I made these and posted them on Instagram. I was saving these for this specific day because I worked with KitchenAid to help support their initiative for breast cancer awareness. As you know, October is National Breast Cancer Awareness month and I figured these would be a nice treat to get your attention :) They’re so pumpkin-y and gives that fall feeling. Being topped with the cinnamon sugar coating is a fun final touch. You get that pumpkin flavor and it all gets tied together with the outer coating. It’s so easy to make too – especially if you’ve got a KitchenAid stand mixer ;)
Not only do I LOVE KitchenAid products (I mean, half my kitchen is KitchenAid, including my measuring spoons & cups, lol), I love what they do for the community. One of their biggest campaigns is the Cook for the Cure program. KitchenAid, through their Cook for the Cure program, has generated more than $8 million for the Susan G. Komen for the Cure and KitchenAid offers several ways to support the cause as apart of the Mother’s day celebration. For one, KitchenAid has a line of pink products that celebrate and help support the Cook for the Cure program. For every pink product purchased, KitchenAid will donate to the Susan G. Komen fund.
If you’re 40 or over, please make sure you get your yearly mammagram and make sure you check yourself every month. Please go seek medical attention immediately if you feel something isn’t right. Usually your gut instinct is correct! Don’t ignore the signs :)
Disclaimer: I was given a raspberry ice KitchenAid stand mixer that is tied together with the Cook for the Cure campaign. I was not compensated for anything said in this post. All views are always 100% my own.
Classic cinnamon sugar donuts with a pumpkin spice twist!
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease two regular sized donut pans. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, blend together vegetable oil, eggs, sugar, and pumpkin puree.
- In a medium bowl, combine pumpkin pie spice, salt, baking powder, and flour. Whisk together then gently pour into stand mixer and mix until well combined.
- Fill the donut wells with the batter.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes then remove from oven and let cool in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
- While the donuts are baking, combine the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl, wide enough that you can dip the donuts in.
- With the donuts still warm, dip them in the cinnamon sugar mixture and press the mixture lightly on them to get them coated.
- These are best served day of otherwise the sugars disintegrate if you keep them in an airtight container.
Adapted from King Arthur Flour
Posted on October 15, 2012