A spice cabinet must-have for all your Fall recipes: homemade pumpkin pie spice! This delightfully cozy and warm spice captures all the aromas and essence of Fall in one spice blend. Keep it on hand so you’ll always be ready for that next Fall treat!
I’m all about making my own spice blends at home. Not only are you able to control the intensity of the spice, you are able to make a large batch so you can always have it on hand for all your favorite recipes! I would have to say that pumpkin pie spice is one of my all-time favorites because of its heavenly aroma of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and allspice. It’s so cozy and comforting and truly reminds you that Fall is right around the corner – or that it’s already here!
This spice blend is the secret ingredient that will take your Fall recipes to a whole new level of deliciousness. From lattes and cookies to cakes and even savory dishes, this magical blend of spices will make all your recipes amazing! It’s ridiculously easy to make, and you’ll have complete control over the flavor intensity. So, grab those spices from your pantry, put on your apron, and let’s whip this together!
Why You’ll Love This
- Cost-effective and convenient. Instead of constantly buying pre-packaged pumpkin pie spice, making it at home is not only more economical but also ensures that you always have a fresh batch on hand. No need to run to the store or worry about running out of this essential spice blend during your Fall baking adventures. With just a few simple ingredients, you can whip up a big batch that will last you throughout the season!
- Transform your Fall dishes. Adding homemade pumpkin pie spice to your favorite Fall recipes will instantly transform them into delicious seasonal treats. Imagine the irresistible aroma and taste of pumpkin spice in your morning latte, cozy baked goods like muffins and pies, or even savory dishes like roasted vegetables or soups. It’s the ultimate flavor enhancer for all your autumn-inspired creations!
- Customizable flavor profile. One of the greatest advantages of making your own pumpkin pie spice is the ability to customize it to suit your taste preferences. Whether you prefer a more pronounced cinnamon flavor, an extra kick of ginger, or a subtle hint of nutmeg, you have the freedom to adjust the ratios of each spice to create your perfect blend. It’s the perfect opportunity to experiment!
Ingredients You’ll Need
Here is a list of ingredients you will need to make homemade pumpkin pie spice. Make sure to scroll down to view the full recipe for exact measurements.
- Cinnamon powder
- Ground ginger
- Ground allspice
- Ground cloves
- Ground nutmeg
How To Make Pumpkin Pie Spice
Measure and whisk! I swear that’s all there is to it.
- Add spices to a bowl. Measure out the individual spices then add to small bowl and whisk well to combine evenly.
- Store in a glass jar or container with a lid. Pour into a glass jar or container with a lid or start using it right away!
Pumpkin Pie Spice Substitute
Pumpkin pie spice is just a blend of individual spices so if you have run out of the spice blend, you can easily use the individual spices in recipes to create the essence of the pumpkin pie spice. Typically, there is more ground cinnamon than the other spices. Adjust the ratio to your preference!
To keep pumpkin spice at optimal freshness, you’ll want to store it in an airtight jar and preferably with your other spices in your spice cabinet or a dark, cool place.
Pumpkin pie spice is good for up to a year, but this is also dependent on how fresh the spices are that you are using to make the pumpkin pie spice.
What to Make with Pumpkin Pie Spice
From lattes to baked goods to savory pasta dishes, pumpkin pie spice can be added to a variety of dishes to give a touch of that cozy Autumn vibe!
- Drinks. Spicy Gingerbread Lattes, Iced Eggnog Latte, Pumpkin Pie Smoothie, Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew (Starbucks Copycat).
- Baked goods. Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls, Pumpkin Cheesecake, Pumpkin Roll, Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins, Better Than Sex Pumpkin Cake, Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chunk Muffins, Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes.
- Savory dishes. Pumpkin Sausage Pasta, Pumpkin Lasagna with Sausage and Kale, Nourishing Pumpkin Wild Rice Soup, Pumpkin Pasta with Turkey Sausage, Baked Pumpkin Gnocchi, Crockpot Turkey Pumpkin Chili.
Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 4 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon ground ginger
- 3 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a small bowl whisk all the ingredients together then pour into an airtight container to store.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.
The default measuring system for this website is US Customary. Unit conversions are provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. While we strive to provide accurate unit conversions, please be aware that there may be some discrepancies.