No need for deep frying when you can get super crispy ravioli in an air fryer! This air fryer crispy ravioli is a cheesy party app perfect for dipping in marinara—and it comes together in 20 minutes from start to finish!
Fried ravioli is one of those restaurant appetizers that’s fun to order when you’re out, but you never think to make it at home. But when you have an air fryer, all those fried appetizers are suddenly easy to make in your own kitchen, which means: helloooo crispy air fryer ravioli! Not to mention Air Fryer Sweet Chili Chicken Wings and Air Fryer Beef Taquitos!
While I came up with this recipe with parties in mind, it’s so easy to whip up that you can really make it for a weeknight dinner, for snacking on while bingeing your latest Netflix obsession, or whenever you have a craving for cheesy, crispy ravioli. (Which will be pretty much all the time once you try this recipe.)
Is Fried Ravioli a St. Louis Thing?
Yes! In St. Louis, fried ravioli is known as toasted ravioli, and it’s definitely a thing. Cheese ravioli is breaded, deep-fried, dusted with grated Parmesan, and served with marinara for dipping. There are a few different restaurants in St. Louis that claim to have invented toasted ravioli, and along with gooey butter cake, it’s one of the city’s most famous foods.
What You’ll Need
The ingredient list for air fryer ravioli is simple! Here’s what you’ll need.
- Panko breadcrumbs – Panko breadcrumbs will give you the crispiest results, but regular breadcrumbs can be used instead.
- Parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder
- Dried Italian seasoning
- Ground black pepper
- Frozen three cheese mini ravioli – Or any other flavor of ravioli you like.
- Cooking spray
- Fresh parsley
- Marinara sauce – My Great Grandma’s Pasta Sauce will work, too!
Can You Air Fry Ravioli Without Breadcrumbs?
You can air fry ravioli without adding breadcrumbs, but you won’t get that same toasted ravioli crispiness we all know and love. If you’ve made pasta chips in your air fryer, you can expect a texture closer to that.
How to Make Crispy Air Fryer Ravioli
Ready to make your favorite cheesy, crispy appetizer at home? Here’s what you’ll need to do:
Set up your dredging station. Whisk the eggs and water in a medium bowl. In another bowl, whisk together the panko, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
Preheat the air fryer. Preheat the air fryer to 390ºF for 5 minutes and grease the basket with cooking spray.
Coat the ravioli. Dip the frozen ravioli in the egg mixture, followed by the panko mixture until it’s evenly coated. Place the breaded ravioli in the air fryer basket, being careful not to over-crowd. Spray the tops of the ravioli with cooking spray.
Cook. Air fry the ravioli for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden and crispy on the outside, flipping them halfway through the cooking time.
Serve. Garnish the ravioli with grated Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley, then serve it with marinara for dipping.
Do I Need an Air Fryer to Make Crispy Ravioli?
If you don’t have an air fryer and you don’t want to deep fry your ravioli either, you still have options! Follow the recipe and instead of using an air fryer, simply bake the ravioli in your oven for 10 to 14 minutes at 375ºF.
Tips for Success
These tips and tricks will guarantee that your crispy ravioli turns out perfect in the air fryer!
- Using full-size ravioli? This recipe will still work; you’ll just need to increase the cooking time by about 2 minutes.
- What about fresh ravioli? Fresh ravioli works too! You’ll need to reduce the cooking time to 7 to 8 minutes.
- Don’t crowd the air fryer basket. If you have a smaller air fryer, you may need to make this recipe in batches. It’s better to make two batches than to crowd the ravioli into the basket, which will keep them from getting crispy.
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
You can store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days in an airtight container. My favorite way to reheat crispy ravioli is in the air fryer—it’s your best bet for reviving that crispy exterior! You can reheat them at 390ºF for about 5 minutes.
Can This Recipe Be Frozen?
I don’t recommend freezing this air fryer ravioli recipe; it will be hard to get that perfect crispy texture after freezing and reheating. If you’re looking for a freezer-friendly appetizer, try my Zucchini Corn Fritters or Beef Empanadas.
Crispy Air Fryer Ravioli
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 20 oz frozen three cheese mini ravioli bag
- Cooking spray
- Chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- Marinara sauce, to serve
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs and water and whisk with a fork for a minute and set aside.
- In a separate bowl; combine panko bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Mix it well and set it aside.
- Take the frozen ravioli out from the bag and dip them in the egg mixture first and then coat them with the panko mixture until evenly coated. Repeat the same with the remaining ravioli.
- Meanwhile, preheat the air fryer for 390 degrees F for 5 minutes. Grease the air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Place the breaded ravioli in the air fryer basket without overcrowding it. Spray the cooking spray on the top of the ravioli.
- Air fry the ravioli for 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway through until golden and crispy on the outside.
- Once done, garnish the ravioli with grated parmesan cheese and fresh parsley. Serve the crispy ravioli with the marinara sauce on the side.
- The same recipe can be used for regular-sized ravioli but increase the time by 2 more minutes in the air fryer.
- If you are using fresh ravioli reduce the air frying time to 7-8 minutes.
- Any variety of ravioli can be used for the recipe.
- Panko bread crumbs give that crispness but you can also replace it with the regular or seasoned bread crumbs, the recipe still works.
- Storage: You can store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days in an airtight container. The best way to reheat crispy ravioli is in the air fryer at 390ºF for about 5 minutes.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.