To say I love coffee is an understatement. Every morning, I wake up and the first thing on my mind is, “ugh, gotta go to work, but I get COFFEE.” So sad, isn’t it? Coffee makes it so much easier to get through a workday. Some days, I wish I could have an IV hooked up to me that gave me shots of coffee every 3 hours. I used to not be so bad with coffee – like those caffeine headaches, I thought those were for people who were highly caffeinated every day, like 4-5 cups of coffee a day kind of people, but no, they’re for anyone drinking coffee regularly and I slowly started to realize that I do get those headaches too! I have a threshold of 2-3 hours. If I don’t have coffee within the first 2-3 hours of waking up, I’m so done for for the rest of the day. I’m like useless. I just lay lifelessly in bed and pray my pounding headache goes away. I love coffee so much though that there is no way I could give it up!
I’ve always been OBSESSED with the smell of coffee. When I was in high school, I wanted to work at a bookstore because there was a coffee shop in there. I really wanted to work at Starbucks but I knew I couldn’t handle all those strange coffee orders that some people had. Alas, none of those happened and I ended up working at a BBQ restaurant, haha.
Not only do I love the smell, I obviously LOVE the FLAVOR. If there was anything mocha or coffee flavored, I’d immediately order it. Coffee ice cream is SO good.
The first time I ever had coffee in a cookie was when I made my Anderson Cooper Compost Cookies. I believe that is the cookie that changed my life. The coffee grounds MAKE the cookie. Which is why I came up with this cookie – the cafe mocha. If you love remotely anything about coffee, you will simply adore these cookies. They’re the perfect amount of coffee flavor and they smell so good. I think I ate more batter than I care to admit. It was really hard to resist. I’m a die-hard coffee lover and these cookies hit the spot.
Grab a glass of milk and you could potentially make these a cafe mocha latte cookies? :)
Cafe Mocha Cookies
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups bread flour, you may use AP flour instead if you don't have it on hand
- 4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ heaping tbsp coffee grounds, fine or coarse
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
The default measuring system for this website is US Customary. Unit conversions are provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. While we strive to provide accurate unit conversions, please be aware that there may be some discrepancies.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a large bowl, add flours, cornstarch, baking soda, salt, and coffee grounds. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars for 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Then add in the eggs and vanilla extract and beat for 2 more minutes.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix until all combined and well-incorporated.
- Using a spatula, fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes. They will look super soft but they continue cooking after you remove them from the oven.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before you move them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.