This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy.Jump to Recipe | Save RecipeSaved!
Cheeseburger Sliders are the ultimate party food! Assembled in a baking dish and baked to gooey, cheesy perfection, these sliders really couldn’t be easier to make. Serve them at your 4th of July bash or next potluck with friends and watch these all-American sliders simply disappear!
Next time you’re hosting a party, relax a little bit when you make these easy cheeseburger sliders. Instead of sweating over a hot grill to make individual burgers, simply toss all of those key ingredients into a baking dish and pop it in the oven! You can scroll down for more detailed instructions about this quick recipe, and I think you’ll be happy to see just how simplified it really is.
Ground beef, cheese, and whatever burger toppings your heart desires come together to create the BEST bite every time! It’s a different take on the classic burger sliders and you’ll be surprised at how much you (and your guests) will like it.
Why You’ll Love This
- You can really customize them. Scroll down a little bit to see the different variations you can play around with. They’re your sliders, make them how YOU want them!
- SO. EASY! A layer of buns, then ground beef and cheese are baked beneath sesame seed covered buns for just 10 minutes to melt the cheese. After that, serve them with your favorite toppings and dig in. It’s the perfect easy recipe to use when you’re hosting a party and don’t want to spend all your time in the kitchen.
- A real crowd-pleaser. Everyone loves burgers, right? This kid-friendly recipe is enjoyed by friends of all ages, so you can really make them for just about any and all occasions!
Ingredients You’ll Need
Here’s a quick look at your shopping list! Make sure to scroll down to view the full recipe for exact measurements.
- Olive oil
- Ground beef
- Worcestershire sauce
- Seasoned salt
- Garlic powder
- Cheddar cheese
- Slider buns
- Salted butter
- Sesame seeds
How To Make Cheeseburger Sliders
Here’s a quick run down of how to make cheeseburger sliders. Be sure to scroll to the bottom of this post for the full recipe.
Cook the ground beef. Add oil to a skillet and sauté the onions until softened. Add the ground beef to the pan and cook until it’s fully brown. Drain the fat. Mix in the Worcestershire sauce, mayo, and seasonings, then remove from the heat.
Assemble the sliders. Slice the slider buns in half. Place the bottom halves in your baking dish and evenly cover them with ground beef. Cover the beef with cheddar cheese. Add the top halves of the buns and top them off with butter and sesame seeds.
Bake. Place the sliders in an oven preheated to 350°F and cook for 10-12 minutes.
Substitutions and Variations
Here are just a few ways you can really get creative with your cheeseburger sliders!
- Use a different type of meat. Lean ground beef is my personal favorite protein to use in this cheeseburger recipe. However, you can always opt for something like ground turkey, ground chicken, or even a plant-based substitute.
- Have fun with the toppings. Ketchup, pickles, and tomatoes are always my go-to burger toppings! Feel free to also toss on some mustard, onions, or whatever else floats your boat.
- Need to halve this recipe? No worries! Just use half all of the measured ingredients and use 12 buns instead of 24. This is a great recipe for both large and small gatherings!
Tips for Success
Want to make the best sliders every time? Check out these quick tips:
- Don’t forget the butter and sesame seeds! Your sliders will still be tasty without these toppings on top of the buns… But the butter and sesame seeds really do send this recipe over the top. The butter adds a great element of moisture and buttery flavor while the sesame seeds give that signature burger appearance!
- Drain the ground beef. Even lean ground beef can accumulate quite a bit of grease as it cooks. Make sure you drain it before you mix in the other ingredients, or you’ll have a sloppy mess.
- Shred the cheddar cheese yourself. I know it may seem like a hassle, but I promise that shredding your own cheddar cheese is the BEST way to improve so many recipes. Pre-shredded cheddar cheese has an anti-caking powder that prevents it from melting to that gooey consistency we’re all craving.
Storage and Reheating Instructions
Have any leftovers? Once the sliders have totally cooled to room temperature, you can either transfer your leftovers to an airtight container or just wrap the dish they’re in with some plastic wrap. When properly stored in the fridge, cheeseburger sliders will stay fresh for about 3-4 days. I recommend reheating them in the oven until they’re warmed through.
What to Serve with Cheeseburger Sliders
A few of my favorite sides to serve with these cheesy sliders include recipes like Broccoli Salad and Bangin’ Mac and Cheese! You can also never go wrong with fries, especially Curly Fries and Garlic Sweet Potato Fries.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 Tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 24 slider buns
- 2 Tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds
The default measuring system for this website is US Customary. Unit conversions are provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. While we strive to provide accurate unit conversions, please be aware that there may be some discrepancies.
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Place the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the onion, and stir while frying this, until the onion is softened. Add the ground beef and scramble fry this until there is no pink left. Drain off as much fat as you can. Stir in the worcestershire sauce, mayonnaise, seasoned salt, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Remove this from the heat.
- Cut the whole block of slider rolls in half and place the bottom halves into the baking dish. Evenly cover the bottom layer of slider buns with all of the ground beef. Sprinkle the 2 cups of grated cheese over the beef. Add the top halves of the buns.
- Brush the tops of the buns with the melted butter. Sprinkle on the sesame seeds.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the tops are golden brown.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.