It’s been interesting trying to kick my butt back into a normal routine. I was so used to waking up around 8 every morning in Taiwan and then slowly getting ready for the day. Jason and I would then stroll on over to our favorite coffee shop and then breakfast spot in the city. It was all so relaxing and perfect. I’ve been trying to catch up with work emails and projects and also trying to get back into the blog routine. It was really nice to not have to write or post anything for two weeks. I felt like I had so much TIME in the day! Don’t get me wrong, I love writing and sharing things with y’all but man, it sometimes is a total time-suck!
I went back to Pure Barre the first time on Sunday and oh my gosh. I have been sore ever since. It didn’t help that I took a 75-minute seat intensive class. Do you know how much my hamstrings and butt muscles hurt? Getting out of the car is painful, even getting up from my chair is painful! Who knew two and half weeks off would make my body so out of shape?! And I thought hiking and biking in Taiwan would’ve saved me ;)
I love love LOOOVE garlic fries. If a restaurant offers it, you bet I will order it. I’ve made regular garlic fries on the blog before (and an awesome almost-apartment-burn-down story to go along with it) but I wanted to make garlic sweet potato fries because well, who doesn’t love a good ole sweet potato? I made these almost three months ago when I was on a sweet potato kick and oh man, these baked garlic sweet potato fries are just as good as the fried ones! They’re slightly healthier than their fried friends but all the same delicious! I posted the lightened up kale Caesar salad on Monday so pretty much going along with the whole ‘healthy’ scheme for the week for my post-vaca detox.
Garlic Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut lengthwise
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 5-6 cloves of garlic (more or less depending on your garlic preference), finely minced
- Handful of parsley leaves finely chopped
- Salt (start with 1 tsp and go up from there if needed)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and spray baking sheets with cooking spray.
- Evenly divide the potatoes in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheets and drizzle the potatoes with 1/8 cup of vegetable oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until they're tender and cooked through, flipping them halfway through the cooking process.
- After 30 minutes, feel free to crank up the oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit and let them bake for another 15 minutes to get more brown and crisp, if desired. You can totally omit this step.
- Immediately place potatoes in a large bowl and toss with the remaining 1/8 cup of vegetable oil, garlic, parsley, and salt.
- Serve warm.