Chorizo Pimento Cheese Dip
If you can melt cheese, you can make this super simple chorizo pimento cheese dip. It is the ultimate dip for game day and will be gone before you can say “touchdown!”
I looooove game days solely for the fact that you can have friends over, have a bunch of appetizers, and eat to your heart’s content. I mean, sure, I’m happy there is a big game on because it gives me an excuse to make a bunch of not-so-good-for-you-apps, but c’mon, we all know food brings people together and it’s not really whatever ball game :) or maybe that’s just me, hehe
Superbowls will always forever be special to Jason and I because well, that’s how we met! We met at a Superbowl party at my house 4 years ago. FOUR YEARS AGO. Woah. (I’m sure you’re thinking, “wait til that’s like 20 years ago.”) Yup, I know, time flies, but dang, I can’t believe we’ve known each other that “long!” – I still remember that evening vividly. I was such a girl. Being all giggly and acting all stupid throughout the game just trying to get him to notice me. Clearly he did since he found me on social media a day later ;) as they say, the rest is history..
When I was making this dip, which is from this amazing cookbook I received from the lovely folks at DVL called Callie’s Biscuits and Southern Traditions, I was reallllly skeptical about it. Honestly, I was more concerned about how I was going to photograph this than anything else. But, so I LOVE chorizo but I’ve never thought to put chorizo and pimento cheese together. Omg, flavor bomb in my mouth. This dip is RIDICULOUS. This was one food item that we did NOT share with anyone. We brought it to a friend’s house and Jason and I were the ones hovering the bowl all night. The contents of the bowl vanished just as quickly as it took to make this.
Y’all, I’m not kidding, this is one seriously addictive dip. I know it doesn’t look super appetizing from the photos but TRUST ME. You basically throw everything in a cast iron skillet and heat it all through and EAT. Make this this coming Sunday and you will not regret it. Have I ever left you astray when I’ve begged you to make something? I didn’t think so ;)
One seriously addicting dip!
- 1 pound fresh chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 1: 16- ounce container pimento cheese
- 2 cups medium salsa (or mild spicy, whatever your preference)
- Corn tortilla chips, for dipping
- In a 12-inch cast iron skillet, cook the chorizo, breaking it up with a wooden spoon into small pieces. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until browned. If it seems really greasy, spoon off the fat/grease.
- Stir in the pimento cheese and salsa over low heat until the cheese is melted and everything is combined well and heated through.
- Serve hot from the skillet with corn tortilla chips or pita chips
There are affiliate links within this post.
Posted on January 29, 2014