Corn Casserole is a classic side dish that’ll never go out of style! This super easy to make casserole is buttery, sweet, and soft with each perfect fluffy bite. There’s only one question that must be asked – will you be having a center or corner slice?
This corn casserole is here just in time to make it to your Thanksgiving spread! Who are we kidding, though – this delicious side dish is perfect for Christmas or any non-holiday celebration, too!
Whether you’re looking for an easy to make side dish to bring to your family’s various holiday celebrations or just want something soft and sweet to accompany your weeknight entree, this is the perfect recipe for you.
Oh, and did I mention this corn casserole is easy to make? Because oh man, it is EASY to make! I think the key to simplicity here is the box of Jiffy corn muffin mix.
Don’t worry, no one who tries a piece of this casserole will ever guess that Jiffy’s in the mix. It’ll be our little secret! When the Jiffy is dressed up with ingredients like cream style corn and butter, it goes wonderfully undetected.
One major reason that I’ll be making this casserole for both major holidays this year is because of how easy it is, honestly. The results are delicious as can be, yet I don’t have to slave over it for a long time.
When I’m worrying about stuff like roasting a whole turkey or making the best holiday ham, I don’t want to worry about my side dishes, and this recipe helps me focus on the entrees.
- Egg – I like to use free-range organic.
- Sour cream – It can be regular or low-fat, whichever you’d prefer.
- Butter – Unsalted is best!
- Salt – If you happen to use salted butter, omit this extra sprinkle.
- Sweet corn – Make life easier by using it straight from the can, drained.
- Cream style corn – Again, this comes in a can, making this recipe even easier.
- Jiffy corn muffin mix – The secret ingredient! This is what makes the casserole so sweet and fluffy.
How long will corn casserole stay fresh?
In an airtight container in the fridge, any leftovers you have of this casserole will stay fresh for up to 5 days. Reheat it in the microwave with a little extra butter for a real treat!
Is corn casserole a good make ahead side dish?
This one’s a bit tricky. Personally, I like to make this casserole the day I plan on serving it, as it’s so quick and easy to do.
However, if you need to make it ahead, that’s fine as well. Just make sure it’s in an airtight container in the fridge. When you’re ready to heat it up and serve it, pop it back into an oven preheated to 350°F for about 7-10 minutes until it’s warmed through.
Make all the best side dish casseroles!
- 1 egg
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 15 ounce can sweet corn, drained
- 15 ounce can cream style corn
- 8 ½ ounce box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk the egg, sour cream, butter and salt together in a large bowl then add the sweet corn and cream style corn and stir once again.
- Stir in the corn muffin mix then pour the batter into an 8×8-inch baking pan and bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the casserole.
- Serve with freshly minced parsley for garnish if desired.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.