Eggplant parmesan fries
My eggplant parmesan recipe is a wildly popular recipe around here.
The technique used in that recipe is key to getting the perfect eggplant parmesan.
However, I recognize that the extra step may not be ideal if you’re in a time crunch or if you just want eggplant parmesan NOW!
Enter eggplant parmesan fries to aide in your eggplant parmesan fix!
Eggplant parmesan fries would be the most epic party finger food/appetizer ever!
They’re portable little guys and who doesn’t love a mini version of many people’s favorite Italian entree?
They kind of remind me of mozzarella sticks but a vegetable version! Haha
Tips to ensure crispy eggplant parmesan fries
To ensure you get crispy eggplant parmesan fries, you’ll want to consider these tips:
- Ensure that the egg/milk mixture is drained off most of the eggplant before you start breading
- Gently pat the coating onto the eggplant
- Lightly spray the exterior of the eggplant prior to baking to help crisp and brown the exterior
- Use a baking rack on top of a baking sheet so air can circulate around the eggplant
Can I make these ahead of time?
It is not recommended. The breading would get soggy and you wouldn’t have a crispy exterior crust.
Can I freeze this?
You can! Make this ahead of time and put it in a freezer-safe bag or container then put it straight from freezer to oven/toaster oven. Do not thaw!
Can I make eggplant parmesan fries in an air fryer?
These would be perfect in an air fryer!
What if I can’t find panko breadcrumbs?
You can use regular, plain breadcrumbs
Can I use another kind of milk or nut milk?
Yes, you can use regular cow’s milk or any kind of nut milk you like.
My exterior coating is soggy and not crispy
Either too much of the milk/egg coating was still left on the eggplant or you need to cook it longer.
Definitely use the tips above to ensure a crispy coating. The baking rack on top of the baking sheet is the best tip!
How do I serve eggplant parmesan fries?
With warm marinara sauce for dipping!
Other eggplant recipes you may like:
Eggplant Parmesan Fries
- 2 medium eggplants, cut into 1-inch thick sticks
For the coating:
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ tablespoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup oat milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and place a wire baking rack onto a large rimmed baking sheet. Lightly spray baking rack with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together panko, Italian seasoning, salt, and cheese.
- In another shallow bowl, mix together eggs and milk.
- Begin by dipping eggplant sticks into the liquid mixture then gently coat with panko breadcrumb mixture, gently pressing it onto the eggplant. Place onto prepared baking rack. Repeat until all eggplant has been coated.
- Lightly spray the tops of the fries with cooking spray then bake for 15 minutes, or until coating is brown. You may stick it under the broiler for a couple minutes to get it extra brown but definitely keep an eye on it!
- Serve with warm marinara sauce and top with fresh chopped basil, if desired.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition information can vary for a variety of reasons. For the most precise nutritional data use your preferred nutrition calculator based on the actual ingredients you used in the recipe.